Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sporting rifle book of deer and antelope

Sporting rifle book of deer and antelope

I saw this while browsing the local WH Smiths and so bought a copy. It's quite good for anyone with an interest in hunting outside of the UK as it has a few pics and info of european, american and african animals.

Has anyone else bought a copy?

Has it got lots of pictures of Peter Carr with his foot on a dead animal, a sponsers jacket like a racing driver and a cheesey grin on his face? Are there also pictures of the only ten pretty girls that he could find who have an FAC?

Christ i'm a cynical old barsteward! I haven't even seen this book and i'm taking the mickey! I think I better go back to work!
    JC

I have it not read it yet, but will.
    As far as the 10 pretty girls whats your point ...............................................ARE YOU GAY?
    Would rather look at them then some old sod in tweeds anyday. LOL

Yeah i picked up a copy a couple of weeks ago, its quite good really. Well it certainly gives you an "all in one" shortlist of animals to Hunt.

ATB

Colin

Itake it JC275,
    THAT Mr Carr isn't you favorite magazine editor??

Atb,

Moe..
    Don't put your fingers, where you wouldn't put yer " Pecker"

Let me guess.....you must really shoot this, this, 2 of them and one of those. Plenty of pics of Carr and his mates and then adverts for his guide business at the back?

I'll give that one a miss thanks......i'd rather read about real guides and hunters and not self publicising jokers - ones with a degree of professionalism and integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    Let me guess.....you must really shoot this, this, 2 of them and one of those. Plenty of pics of Carr and his mates and then adverts for his guide business at the back?
    I'll give that one a miss thanks......i'd rather read about real guides and hunters and not self publicising jokers - ones with a degree of professionalism and integrity.[/QUOTE]

No. Nothing like that at all. An introduction to 39 species across the globe with a little factual information and stories from real hunters and guides who took the animals pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    I have it not read it yet, but will.
    As far as the 10 pretty girls whats your point ...............................................ARE YOU GAY?
    Would rather look at them then some old sod in tweeds anyday. LOL
    No, not me John but if you want some contacts there are some numbers written in the public bogs in the park, i'll make a note and pass them on to you when I go back out after breakfast. Best wishes, JC

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    I'll give that one a miss thanks......i'd rather read about real guides and hunters and not self publicising jokers - ones with a degree of professionalism and integrity.
    No. Nothing like that at all. An introduction to 39 species across the globe with a little factual information and stories from real hunters and guides who took the animals pictured.[/QUOTE]

Joking aside, it does sound interesting, I'll probably pick up a copy if I see it. I was only being a little mischievious with my original post, Sporting Rifle knocking has become a sport in its own right but the magazine seems to be improving with each issue so fair play to them. JC

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    No. Nothing like that at all. An introduction to 39 species across the globe with a little factual information and stories from real hunters and guides who took the animals pictured.
    Joking aside, it does sound interesting, I'll probably pick up a copy if I see it. I was only being a little mischievious with my original post, Sporting Rifle knocking has become a sport in its own right but the magazine seems to be improving with each issue so fair play to them. JC[/QUOTE]

I'll only believe it's improving when I finally get my long(ish) awaited crate of ale from them. I got one e-mail each from the advertising editor and Mr Carr telling me they would sort it yesterday. Might I get 2 crates
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.