Thread: The Highland Holiday.

The Highland Holiday.

Gents.
    The Highland holiday has had to have a slight change of plan. The Highland part hasn`t changed but the visit to Bempton Cliffs has as I`ve learnt that the Gannets have all but gone.
    The intention now is to have a few days exploring the Yorkshire dales so can anyone advise me of places to visit which are rich in wildlife as the main reason for this tour is wildlife photography.
    Edited to add that we`ll do the dales on the way up and the Lake District on the way home.
    Last edited by basil; 11-08-2016 at 20:21.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Are you planning on spending some time in the Dales or simply whizzing through?
    We are in Wensleydale which will possibly be your main route through to the Lakes, from a walking perspective Swaledale is a hidden gem, out of Keld towards crackpot hall, or Gunnerside all of the mine workings.
    Have a think and PM me if you like, will stand you a pint on your way if I am about!

Ps: if you like shooting / real beer / proper old school pubs / see the landlord Nick at the Coverbridge inn, food will burst your belt!!

Quote Originally Posted by ben0850 View Post
    Are you planning on spending some time in the Dales or simply whizzing through?
    We are in Wensleydale which will possibly be your main route through to the Lakes, from a walking perspective Swaledale is a hidden gem, out of Keld towards crackpot hall, or Gunnerside all of the mine workings.
    Have a think and PM me if you like, will stand you a pint on your way if I am about!

Ps: if you like shooting / real beer / proper old school pubs / see the landlord Nick at the Coverbridge inn, food will burst your belt!!
    Hi Ben.
    There`s no set time limits anywhere on our journey.
    If we like a place we stay if not we move on.
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Dalby forest is nice for a walk, as is Goathland, Hutton le Hole.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Hi Ben.
    There`s no set time limits anywhere on our journey.
    If we like a place we stay if not we move on.
    Well it's not a bad spot to spend some time and ponder the world...As said we are in Wensleydale but also border Nidderdale which has some fantastic walking / birding / pubs etc..Yorke Arms at Ramsgill is starred fare however we tend to enjoy the Sportsmans at Wath with locally caught trout on the menu..
    Bishopdale is a nice look as is Coverdale too!

Depending on when in September you are traveling to Cumbria I may no where you'll be able to visit red and fallow in the rut all close by within a camera lens shot no problem.
    i live in silverdale an area on AONB what you aiming to achevie to in taking pictures. Depending on what photos your after depends on what folk can recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    Depending on when in September you are traveling to Cumbria I may no where you'll be able to visit red and fallow in the rut all close by within a camera lens shot no problem.
    i live in silverdale an area on AONB what you aiming to achevie to in taking pictures. Depending on what photos your after depends on what folk can recommend.
    The journey is over the first two weeks in September. If the timing is right some rutting photos would be good but suspect the time we will be travelling will be too early to catch the rut?
    Last edited by basil; 13-08-2016 at 11:53.