Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ian Botham v. Packham.

Ian Botham v. Packham.

Live debate on Radio 4 at 08:20 this morning.Wf1

That should get the troops riled up on a Friday morning , looking forward to it!

5 mins and counting.........

One for the iplayer tonight when I can hear it probably as at work
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

The best point Beefy got across was Packhams extremism on the Beeb other than that he knew his stuff but was a little weak on the delivery.....

he stuttered his way though it and better then beefy could have been there to make the point, never the less I think 5 minutes would hardly give enough time on any subject ffs

Quote Originally Posted by skywull View Post
    he stuttered his way though it and better then beefy could have been there to make the point, never the less I think 5 minutes would hardly give enough time on any subject ffs
    Well I suppose it was always going to be like that, "perhaps on purpose? " ones a naturalist and the others a cricketer but bless him for trying I suppose.
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Give Botham credit, a lot of "celebrities" who are heavily into field sports won't put their heads above the parapet in case they take flak. He at least has the courage of his convictions!

David.

Perhaps got airtime simply as the spectacle of 'Botham v Packham' and the issues at hand came second. Or is that being cynical of our great british media?
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Give Botham credit, a lot of "celebrities" who are heavily into field sports won't put their heads above the parapet in case they take flak. He at least has the courage of his convictions!

David.
    +1 fair play to him at least this time we got some chance to batter back his lunatic rantings. It's a pitty we don't have a few more Bothams in our corner.