Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom SEM Picatinny rail for Sauer 3000 Drilling

Custom SEM Picatinny rail for Sauer 3000 Drilling

Suhler Einhakmontage (SEM) German Claw Mount made from a machined Nightforce Picatinny Rail for a Sauer 3000 Export Drilling by gunsmith John Kenyon at Mialls Gunshop, Melbourne, Australia. August 2016. Great job John.

Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Very neat, please so can you post more detailed photos so that this can be copied.

Heym I believe that Recknagel and Zeigler already make similar rail/mounts and that they are available from Alan Rhone.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

They do, but they are screwed permanently on the existing bases and are not detachable like the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    They do, but they are screwed permanently on the existing bases and are not detachable like the above.
    So you are saying that they are no longer producing a picatinny rail with quick detachable claw mounts then if I am following you correctly? I'm fairly sure that the Ziegler ones that I have seen in the past were detachable and simply clipped into the standard claw mount bases and I have seen similar offered by Recknagel for their mounts and the Mauser trident pivot system on the M03 rifle.

Correction.
    Just had a look at the Recknagel catalog and I see what you mean, they only seem to offer a fixed system.
    Last edited by 8x57; 15-08-2016 at 13:16.

Wasted 220 euro on recknagel. The Zeigler will work if you want to pay a fortune to get the bases changed as well plus get the barrels re-ceracoated

Much cheaper to do what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Very neat, please so can you post more detailed photos so that this can be copied.
    Will try later with some calipers for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by mchughcb View Post
    Wasted 220 euro on recknagel. The Zeigler will work if you want to pay a fortune to get the bases changed as well plus get the barrels re-ceracoated

Much cheaper to do what I did.
    You're certainly right about the cost of Ziegler. I have a set on my Chapuis and while the idea of a picatinny rail to fit in the bases that I already have would be appealing the cost is simply out of the question. I'm sure that it was much cheaper doing it your way.

I know I really ought to shudder at the sight of a Picatinny rail on a Drilling... but that looks like a fantastically useful thing, and well-made to boot!

A propos of the target shown at the end of the video, does this indicate the repeat-ability of the zero?
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

No the target at the end is just three shots from the drilling at 100m. First shot was low , second two close enough for a 2moa dot aimpoint. I did a test with magnum bb field loads of the shotgun barrel. Half choke at 55 yards gave 17 pellets on similar target and full choke gave 7 pellets at 75 yards. Showing how versatile this combination is.