Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At Last

At Last

After a long delay a good part of the fields on my permission have had the grass on them cut.
    Managed to get 3 dogs & 3 vixens last night, bright moon and clear sky did'nt help at first but the moon eventually sank behind the trees to make things a little easier.
    Did'nt get in till 4.30 and the missus was not impressed as she had to be up for work early this morning.

Did have one that each time i turned on the NM800 it took off, this happened twice in the same ish area so i presume the same fox, has anybody else had this reaction? This is the first time i've had one act so swiftly when the IR is turned on.

Well done! We only had one fox last night, but it was number 203 since Jan 1st. As for the IR - in my experience, some foxes will almost walk straight into you in spite of the illuminator being on, while others will turn and run the moment they see it, even from 200 yards away. My feeling on this is that the latter have probably been (badly) lamped with red filters, and thus associate the colour with danger.

Saw diddly last night, & I mean absolutely nowt.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Saw diddly last night, & I mean absolutely nowt.
    I saw less than that. Gonna have another go tonight again. Dontcha just hate some people......

As as per the nightmaster. Haven't had that issue myself but I have seen them look straight at it when switched on and stop to look at it. As long as I don't move they have then come in closer. But I'm guessing you weren't moving. Lol
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Thanks for the replies gents
    Paddy those 6 takes my total to 44 since Feb so not too bad, you must be out every night for those numbers. As for the lamp with a red filter that could be spot on but i will be back soon to try and catch up with that one.
    SS the moon was bright so 4 out the 6 saw me and decided to sit and watch which did'nt go too well for them the other 2 decided i was a bit close for comfort and thought they should move a bit further away but again not far enough.
    On another note all the foxes shot last night were with home loads that with much advise and help from people from SD that i put together solo so i'm quiet chuffed with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman sam View Post
    Paddy... you must be out every night for those numbers.
    Indeed, we are - well, almost. I have to give the Long-Haired General one night a week or she starts wailing even more than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Indeed, we are - well, almost. I have to give the Long-Haired General one night a week or she starts wailing even more than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post

Funny how they always ask, "What time will you be back?"
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Funny how they always ask, "What time will you be back?"
    Mine gave up on that a long, long time ago!

Guys what are your favorite sequences when call with the electronics, IE do you start with mouse squeak then onto rabbit or what thanks in advance.