Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best bino's with a budget of 300

Best bino's with a budget of 300

Good evening, with so many new bino's hitting the market now, what recommendations is there with a budget of 300, I'm looking for something new as well. Any ideas? Have a good night

save your cash a while and buy top quality 2nd hand if you must buy buy now Minox seem good and you could do worse than Hawke but you won't get better in poor light than the top makes we've all done it .N

If its new I'd go Vortex every time.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Steiner ranger, or leupold Mckenzie .

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    save your cash a while and buy top quality 2nd hand if you must buy buy now Minox seem good and you could do worse than Hawke but you won't get better in poor light than the top makes we've all done it .N
    +1

Anything less than the top brands is throwing your money away. I've had a Swaro 8x56 wich was to heavy. Got a Pentax 10x42, very popular in the US, just useless.
    Looked a bit around and found a Zeiss 10x40 from the 70's or 80's . GREAT .
    +/- 700 grams and excellent low light performance. Easely fits in your budget.

SD Regular
    I'd agree with the comment on better second hand ones. but the Vortex, Steiner or Minox BR are all good value for money.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I'd like to test a pair of these Kowas against my Zeiss Victory FL bins which are far better optically than my Minox BR ones. (I do like the build quality on the Minox though.
    --- "Kowa Binoculars BD42 8x42 XD PROMINAR" --- for sale on line at well under 300.
    If the Kowa Prominar spotting scopes are anything to go by these should be very good indeed.

Ian

Minox every time and for a lot less than 300! I used some vortex at the weekend for the first time. The optics looked good, but the centre hinge screw had worked loose and almost fell out! Minox seem to be better built.
    MS

I was very impressed by a pair of Minox binos belonging to Bandit Country that I looked through one day. I don't like to admit it but they were actually better than my Leica binoculars that I was using that day.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Wayne, I made a list recently of 8x42's mid-price options, looking at various review sites. My shortlist, with the best UK price I could find then, was:
    Bushnell Legend Ultra HD: 200
    Steiner Ranger Xtreme: 348
    Vanguard Endeavor ED 11: 329
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....