Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to prosecute sabs

Petition to prosecute sabs

As FAC/SGC holders we're among the most law-abiding, conscientious and responsible section of UK society. Why does the law allow us to be subject to harassment and abuse from some of the LEAST law-abiding, conscientious and responsible members without some form of specific legal protection apart from common law? Please sign and share this around, and we can perhaps bring them to heel

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/164891
    Last edited by Woodsmoke; 15-08-2016 at 14:06.
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Pasted this link into the browser, went off to some strange paper.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Yeah, I messed up. Should be fixed now
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Cheers. Done

208 now
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

It was 150 when I posted it!

I have signed this, as I think that the principle is right that we should be allowed to go about our business, and the more who can sign things like this, the more seriously we will be taken as a group.

I do challenge whether we need new laws though, as I am sure that the existing laws could be used more than they are to prosecute, and my sense is that its more the non-willingness to prosecute that is the blocker.

I would also note that if the existing laws AREN'T enough, then the sabs can't being accused of being non-law abiding.

All that being said, the balance certainly isn't in our favour and the more noise we can make, the more prosecutions under whatever law should follow.