Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss rangefinder binos

Zeiss rangefinder binos

Maybe looking at buying some zeiss rangefinder binos are they any good compared to Leica and Swarovski !!!

I would say they are all the same quality,just what suits/fits you.

Old tech now compared with Leica & Swaro.. the only one of the big 3 who haven't updated their technology.

Have owned the zeiss and the leica (both old and new) current Leica HD-Bs.. Zeiss noticeably dimmer due in the main to the laser receiving screen in the right barrel. Nice to hold though.

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    Meopta are doing a rangefinder bino now..... and reckon to be as good a s all the others but a tad cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by monarman View Post
    Meopta are doing a rangefinder bino now..... and reckon to be as good a s all the others but a tad cheaper!
    I knew they were due out but haven't seen any in the dealers yet. What price have you seen them for? Thanks

Viking said the RRP for Meopta will be 1600-1800, anyone else see a trend. I have Leica's, can't fault them

Personally, I'd give the Meopta's a go. I think you'll find that the glass in their RF bingo's is HD unlike Swaro (not sure about the others) and as they make the glass for Swaro anyway and are indeed part of the same group of brand names, I'd rather save a few hundred quid....

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Personally, I'd give the Meopta's a go. I think you'll find that the glass in their RF bingo's is HD unlike Swaro (not sure about the others) and as they make the glass for Swaro anyway and are indeed part of the same group of brand names, I'd rather save a few hundred quid....
    Seems to be a very dated design? I'm sure the glass is as good as any of the others but they look like 1st generation Leica Geovids

It's doubtful they will hold their value like zeiss, Swarovski or Leica. Lots of 2nd hand meopta scopes for sale for not a lot of money.

Thanks guys I think I will give these a miss and spend wisely!!!