Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More lube, please . . . . .

More lube, please . . . . .

US price for 130 gr .270 Federal Powershok . . . . . $17.28

Federal Power-Shok .270 Win 130 Grain SP 20 Round Box - 270A - 029465084356

And in the UK . . . . . 24.00

Federal .270 Win Power Shok 130GR (Soft Point ) 20pk

10.70 ($13.90) more expensive per box here in the UK. That's an increase of 53 pence (69 cents) per round for bog-standard factory ammo!

Just sayin'
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Economies of scale..... We are a small country with a very (comparatively) small market, no wonder we pay more for it....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

But to that extent . . . . ? And it's not just ammunition is it? Rifles, 'scopes (in fact all optics), fuel, clothing, etc . . . .
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    But to that extent . . . . ? And it's not just ammunition is it? Rifles, 'scopes (in fact all optics), fuel, clothing, etc . . . .
    Take the freight cost, add any import tax, add VAT, add profit for the importer then delivery for the RFD then profit for the RFD its not that surprising is it!

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Take the freight cost, add any import tax, add VAT, add profit for the importer then delivery for the RFD then profit for the RFD its not that surprising is it!
    CZ rifle costs then? How can they be cheaper to import into the US than the rest of mainland Europe?

Its all smoke and mirrors,
    DONT START

SD Regular
    In the USA the ammunition merely has to be shipped...well...within the USA.

Here it must be shipped to from the USA to Europe, batch Proof tested, then shipped from where it has arrived in Europe to the UK distributor. And as restrictions on explosives become harsher (and many former "players" drop out of offering carriage of ammunition) costs of transport rise.

Yes, we pay more. I don't like it but accept that the "on costs" are considerable AND in addition that these are all also subject to VAT at 20%. In the circumstances I'm actually surprised that the discrepancy isn't even more unpalatable! But, yes, WS, I do feel we're being invited to bend over...

I have been looking at ammo in France and it is all more expensive than the uk
    . 30-06 starts at 29 € , 9.3 x74 @68€, and that's for the cheap brands Remington rws and Norma are double the price. I shall not be buyers by any ammo on this trip just some slugs��
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Caldwell front and rear shooting rest $15.26

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000PW8KSM/

Best price I could find them was on eBay 25.99

other places sell them for over 40

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    CZ rifle costs then? How can they be cheaper to import into the US than the rest of mainland Europe?
    Economies of scale!