Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Wales Talking Stalking 2016

North Wales Talking Stalking 2016

Llanrwst 7th. September

https://basc.org.uk/blog/press-relea...herefordshire/

Unfortunately I will be away but many will see that as an added attraction.

David.

I'm sure I will be going, hopefully BASC will have something new to add this year,as I hope they don't do The Talking Stalking evenings to death.
    69 BASC events in the Country, 4 in Wales what a total shame.

Quote Originally Posted by gelert View Post
    I'm sure I will be going, hopefully BASC will have something new to add this year,as I hope they don't do The Talking Stalking evenings to death.
    I agree and disagree. Wales often seems to get a very short straw in these things but it is about proportional to our population in this case.

David.

We certainly do David.I just feel we need something more than just a token gesture.

Established Poster
    Population of Britain : 64 million
    Population of Wales : 3 million

Unless you've got some amazing details about how us in Wales are much more likely to be SGC/FAC holders than the rest of the UK, then I think the number of events is about right, proportionally.

Quote Originally Posted by riflerob View Post
    Population of Britain : 64 million
    Population of Wales : 3 million

Unless you've got some amazing details about how us in Wales are much more likely to be SGC/FAC holders than the rest of the UK, then I think the number of events is about right, proportionally.
    Irrespective of the population, I pay my membership like everyone else, and I would like to see more in the area that's all,
    580k SGC Issued in Wales 2014
    150k FAC Issued in 2014
    Do you honestly believe 4 courses/events is enough in Wales to cover that amount,
    I don't.

I would like to see more but I guess a lot of other areas feel the same. Getting our fair share by population is fair and a lot better than many organisations do! (Don't get me started on the treatment of North Wales by the muppets in Cardiff Bay!)

David.

Irrespective of the population, I pay my membership like everyone else, and I would like to see more in the area that's all,
    580k SGC Issued in Wales 2014
    150k FAC Issued in 2014
    Do you honestly believe 4 courses/events is enough in Wales to cover that amount,
    I don't.
    +1 Spot on Gelert

It's a pity that BASC won't be bringing the shooting simulator to the Symonds Yat event as I would really like to see that. There again everything going up north as usual.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    +1 Spot on Gelert

If we are getting a fair deal (and in this case I think we are) it ill behoves us to plead a special case. Just makes us look childish and then when we have a genuine complaint we have less chance of being taken seriously.

Tin hat on.

David.