Beats going to school

This morning at 4:30 I went out stalking with my dad smithp18. We were on the search for Roe Bucks and knew where some were working for previous recons. The cover was high and spotting deer was very difficult . We were sat in a wood for 45 minutes knowing where there was a Buck but no luck, so we slowly moved down to the end of the wood creeping to the fence line. We heard two Bucks barking in a little strip across from the wood we were in then my dad climbed over the fence and I were half way and he whispered stop and I got down off the fence, he whispered theirs a buck there so I ducked down it was about 250 yards away, I slowly climbed over the fence, then I saw this buck in its red y brown coat, we slowly crawled our way towards big oak tree using the truck to hide us supplying us with cover to get closer, the wind was good so the buck wouldn't spot us. then my dad and I waited for the buck to come along the fence line, when it was at about about 80 yards broad side on my dad who had sent me up said take your time the shot is on and we knew it was going to jump over a fence to investigate what we think was another buck. I slowly squeezed the trigger we both saw the front legs kick and it ran about 30 yards then came to a sudden holt and did a drunken wobble for about 5 seconds then dropped. We approached to find it Lung/heart shot
Under guidance from my dad I did the field work, I have seen a few time the dvds on how to do this bu the in practice it is much harder
I completed the larder work also at home and the buck is now in the chiller beats going to school please don't tell anyone.
Jayb I would have rung you but it was 06:30 and the last time we woke you up you did not look to pleased.:oops:
Who my hair is off so I could see the deer this time, sorry no photos dad messed the camera up.:oops:

Seb sunny Lancs.:lol::lol::lol:

Well, I have to add did every thing to the letter wiith a little help and puts pen to paper much better than me well done.

Well done Seb, I'm sure JAYB would have been ok with it, after all, it was before 6am that we (Well, your Dad) woke him the last time....

Good write up, well done on doing the gralloch, you'll be Level 2 before you know it. Take your Mum next time, hopefully she will manage the camera trickery stuff.

Good on you too Phil, must be a pleasure teaching, watching kids develope in a passion you both share.

All the best to you all.

TJ

Well done Seb, excellent result and great write up! :thumb:

Although I think your dad should compensate you for the loss of photos.... ;)

Alex

well done Seb hope you have many more,and its nice to know the sun shines on that side of the hill all the best to you and your dad,your right it beats school
Amberdog

Well done young Seb, I wouldnt worry about waking uncle JAYB up, these retired types need a shake up to get them up in the morning :lol::lol:

Sikamalc

Well done Seb, good account of a textbook stalk - don't deer always appear when you are getting over a fence?!

Your dad did well to get you up at 4.30, I struggle to get my girls out of bed before 8!

See you both soon.
Nick

Sebastian,

you little Sh**e, I have enough bother with this load of rabble extracting the urine without you getting in on the act :eek: Obviously a good idea getting your hair cut, it will help you think quicker and lets face it if you are out with the old man one of you needs to be able of to ;).

Well done on the buck, Sika next.

John

PS you still courting :stir:

Well done young man..................The gralloching will become easier with time. Also try to do a few different methods to find what suits you best.

Good write up

Well done Seb,don't you just love it when a plan comes together.:D
I'll have a quiet word with your dad regards the camera not working,:-| I thought his middle name was ' David Bailey ':stir:
Keep well and continue to show Phil how to do the job correctly

Regards Robin

Back