Thread: Parker hale barrel replacement

Parker hale barrel replacement

Hello all I am a relatively new shooter only been shooting for two years and I love it.
    I have a Parker Hale in 308 and I don't have much money to buy a new 308 so my plan was to do up the Parker hale over time when I have the spear cash.

i was thinking of buying a new heavy barrel for it to start off with can you tell me who to go to for this and if you think it's a cost effective plan.

THANK YOU

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Five of nine View Post
    Hello all I am a relatively new shooter only been shooting for two years and I love it.
    I have a Parker Hale in 308 and I don't have much money to buy a new 308 so my plan was to do up the Parker hale over time when I have the spear cash.

i was thinking of buying a new heavy barrel for it to start off with can you tell me who to go to for this and if you think it's a cost effective plan.

THANK YOU

Steve
    Welcome Steve,

I would think if you shopped around there will be a 308 bargain to be had as people do chop and change a fair bit, there was a thread on it only a few days ago.

These days the paper work side holds things up the longest.

The cost of a new barrel and fitting would go a long way into owning a well looked after S/Hand rifle...

Good luck

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

You could try Norman Clark in Rugby as he did acquire a lot of PH gear when they closed. Maybe some spare barrels...they weren't expensive.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

PH had a standard large ring Mauser threaded barrel - aftermarket barrels pre-threaded are readily available in the USA (E R Shaw for example). Trouble is getting one shipped over. I have one in .243 but obviously not of use to you.

I think Lothar Walter do large ring mauser barrels off the shelf. Might be worth a google. We are still in the EU at the moment so import should be easier than from the states.

David.

Welcome to the site, might I suggest you take your enquiry to the relevant forum, you may get a better response.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses