Parker hale barrel replacement

Five of nine

Hello all I am a relatively new shooter only been shooting for two years and I love it.
I have a Parker Hale in 308 and I don't have much money to buy a new 308 so my plan was to do up the Parker hale over time when I have the spear cash.

i was thinking of buying a new heavy barrel for it to start off with can you tell me who to go to for this and if you think it's a cost effective plan.

THANK YOU

Steve

Hello all I am a relatively new shooter only been shooting for two years and I love it.
I have a Parker Hale in 308 and I don't have much money to buy a new 308 so my plan was to do up the Parker hale over time when I have the spear cash.

i was thinking of buying a new heavy barrel for it to start off with can you tell me who to go to for this and if you think it's a cost effective plan.

THANK YOU

Steve

Welcome Steve,

I would think if you shopped around there will be a 308 bargain to be had as people do chop and change a fair bit, there was a thread on it only a few days ago.

These days the paper work side holds things up the longest.

The cost of a new barrel and fitting would go a long way into owning a well looked after S/Hand rifle...

Good luck

Tim.243

You could try Norman Clark in Rugby as he did acquire a lot of PH gear when they closed. Maybe some spare barrels...they weren't expensive.

PH had a standard large ring Mauser threaded barrel - aftermarket barrels pre-threaded are readily available in the USA (E R Shaw for example). Trouble is getting one shipped over. I have one in .243 but obviously not of use to you.

I think Lothar Walter do large ring mauser barrels off the shelf. Might be worth a google. We are still in the EU at the moment so import should be easier than from the states.

David.

Welcome to the site, might I suggest you take your enquiry to the relevant forum, you may get a better response.

John

Back