Teckel - ripped claw

cube

Just had a call from my wife - my 8 month old Teckel has ripped out one of his claws, trying to break into a kennel where there is a lab bitch currently in season.

Does such an injury warrant a trip to the VET or will a decent wash and some dog antiseptic spray suffice?

Cheers

Euan

Just had a call from my wife - my 8 month old Teckel has ripped out one of his claws, trying to break into a kennel where there is a lab bitch currently in season.

Does such an injury warrant a trip to the VET or will a decent wash and some dog antiseptic spray suffice?

Cheers

Euan
Forget the vet and his bills.Nature provides for most dog injuries,my own dog has a similar problem atm that he has basically fixed by licking the ***** out of it.

If the dog is in obvious pain then take it to the vets. If they're doing ok and don't appear to be in discomfort then I'd wait and keep an eye on it, any sign of it not healing well or the dog is in pain then straight to the vet. What would you do if you ripped your finger nail off?

If the dog is in obvious pain then take it to the vets. If they're doing ok and don't appear to be in discomfort then I'd wait and keep an eye on it, any sign of it not healing well or the dog is in pain then straight to the vet. What would you do if you ripped your finger nail off?

Lick the **** out of it :D

Back