.204 load data

Suggest you have a look on .204 ruger site, huge ammount of load data.

I have not reloaded for 32 grns yet however I know Paddy on here uses BLC2 with 30 grns and its his top load.

D

Dont use the 32's in my custom .204, dont really see the point when the 39/40's do all but more then the 32's with almost identical trajectories if that is what you are after?

However Re-loader 10 is a good powder to use.

Steve

I use Varget. Shoots fine with -all respect to QL's infallibility. There is only a 2.8 grain spread between min and max so don't expect anyone to deliver your best load.~Muir

Dont use the 32's in my custom .204, dont really see the point when the 39/40's do all but more then the 32's with almost identical trajectories if that is what you are after?

However Re-loader 10 is a good powder to use.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Mines just a bog standard howa mini action (Mule gun) I think its a 1-12 20 inch barrel so not sure wether it would suit 39/40 would think a 1-11-1-10 would be better for them. But i will try some 39 just to see!!!

Andy

Hi Steve,

Mines just a bog standard howa mini action (Mule gun) I think its a 1-12 20 inch barrel so not sure wether it would suit 39/40 would think a 1-11-1-10 would be better for them. But i will try some 39 just to see!!!

Andy

40 grain Vmax may not stabilise due to the length. The 39 SBK should be OK buddy so giv email them a go pal.
Just remember it's not to do with the weight of the bullets it their length that causes stability issues.

Hope this helps

Steve

What length barrel? I shoot a Sako with a 20inch barrel,so I use quite a fast powder,N130,which shoots through the same hole at 100yds. For a short barrel N133 or 135 would also work well. If you've a longer barrel,say 24inch,N140 may work well for you,as may Varget. I do tend to favour Blitzkings over Vmax.

40 grain Vmax may not stabilise due to the length. The 39 SBK should be OK buddy so giv email them a go pal.
Just remember it's not to do with the weight of the bullets it their length that causes stability issues.

Hope this helps

Steve
About all I shoot from my CZ Varmint for prairiedogs is 40 grain V-Max over Varget. Half MOA and good to 500 on the vile critters.~Muir

About all I shoot from my CZ Varmint for prairiedogs is 40 grain V-Max over Varget. Half MOA and good to 500 on the vile critters.~Muir

Yeh Muir, i know a few friend and people who shoot the 40 Vmax through a 12 twist, my mate with his CZ and another with a Cooper 1:12 twist, but I do know more people whos rifles wont shoot them. Plus due to marginal stability bullet BC is compromised.

Steve

I never gave it a second thought. They have worked so well from my CZ.... Makes you wonder why Hornady would make them if they are a marginal bullet. Most of the factory rifles are 1:12 twist. I can't find fault in them so far but might switch to something else next spring.~Muir

Back