Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 bird day on a new farm.

100 bird day on a new farm.

Well after a good day on Tuesday and seeing a lot of pigeons using a farm that I don't have permission on it got me thinking...

so at work on Wednesday I tried looking up to see if I could find out where the farm was that the pigeons seemed to be going on.
    which leads me on to today, got up this morning loaded the truck as if I was going for a days shooting but in my mind I was still thinking about this other farm and all the pigeons I had seen on Tuesday flying to it..
    Anyway got to where I was on Tuesday there were still a few birds about but I could still see a lot of them were flying high and going over a fair way.
    I thought that's it I'm going to find this farm even if it takes me all day.
    After driving about for a bit I came across what looked like a farm it seemed to be the closest farm to these fields with pigeons on.
    I pulled into the yard and could see there was a farm office with an old guy sitting in there, I knock on the door had a quick chat and that was it.
    He told me to go and shoot some pigeons on his pea stubble and that there won't be many days left to do it because he was getting ready to turn it over.
    I could see where the field was from his office so I jumped back in the truck drove onto to field and watched for a bit. I could see a good flight line along a hedgerow so I set up camp there
    By now it was 12.30 the birds come all day I couldn't believe my luck I packed up at 5pm and picked 124 pigeons both myself and the dog are knackered but well worth it...
    Last edited by Gunner1985; 18-08-2016 at 23:08.

Well done.
    Hope those Pigeons didn`t go to waste!
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Well done.
    Hope those Pigeons didn`t go to waste!
    thanks..
    Definitely not every bird that can be picked by my dog will be picked then all the birds go to my grandads where they are packed into freezers, where they await a trip to the game dealer.

Keep trying to load a picture but won't work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1985 View Post
    Keep trying to load a picture but won't work!!
    You are not alone there!! I followed, I think it was Tims advice a few days ago and used the photo bucket route.
    Well done you and the dog,great day indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandsjohn View Post
    You are not alone there!! I followed, I think it was Tims advice a few days ago and used the photo bucket route.
    Well done you and the dog,great day indeed...
    I'm not that good on computers. Lol
    Thanks

Very well done, I burnt lots of fuel trying to get a lad under a line of pigeons yesterday.
    We managed a hard won 38 with most birds long crossers.

Sort out a photo bucket account as that works very well on here for loading pictures

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

The more times you go, there is always a chance of going home with one

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Very well done, I burnt lots of fuel trying to get a lad under a line of pigeons yesterday.
    We managed a hard won 38 with most birds long crossers.

Sort out a photo bucket account as that works very well on here for loading pictures

Tim.243
    It can be hard and frustrating at times can't it..
    That's why we have to make the most of the days when everything goes to plan.

ill look into the photo bucket.

Thanks