Thread: softrak anyone use them ?

softrak anyone use them ?

I am looking at a softrak and was wondering if anyone has used them or own one and how good on the hill are they ,
    Thanks Lyon

Quote Originally Posted by lyon View Post
    I am looking at a softrak and was wondering if anyone has used them or own one and how good on the hill are they ,
    Thanks Lyon
    Had one on demo/trial a few years back, we were looking to add a bigger vehicle to our three argo's, I wasn't overly impressed, very slow, expensive, you sit quite high up and I felt it a bit unstable, we got a Scotrack Glenalmond in the end, far better vehicle imo.

I spent a season ghillieing/ponyboying many years ago, we had 2 Argo Cats and a Softrak - we kept getting up earlier and earlier to try and beat each other to the Argos! . Having said that they might well have improved since, but it would have to be by a lot!

A friend who is a fencing contractor who has one echoed Grouse Keeper's comments but I guess it depends on what you need it for, he says it's the only thing that can get some of the heavy loads he carts in for wind farm anemometeres up the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by lyon View Post
    Thanks Lyon
    They are very expensive, compared to the other pretty expensive vehicles!

It depends on the type of ground / work you are doing, I haven't heard anything bad about them, the argo is still hard to beat, scot track machines are good but again I would go for an argo. tracked machines do come into their own when it comes to snow , so again depends on ground.