Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New trousers ,Harkila pro hunter X possibly ?

New trousers ,Harkila pro hunter X possibly ?

Any thoughts on these trousers lads,they look the real deal,and a 5 year guarantee to boot .

I've been using mine for the past 3 years 2-3 times a week and they still look new , the vents in the sides are useful and they are quiet and comfortable

Cheers Mark,how is the fit ,loose or tight for stated waist size ?

just exchanged a pair that leaked no problems brand new replacement within a couple of weeks

Quality kit, although it's not cheap. It's worth remembering that Harkila do a good range of trousers. I forget the name of them offhand, but they also do some Goretex trousers that are lighter than the Pro Hunter range. They perform just as well as regards keeping water out and breathability, they aren't quite as gorse-proof, but they are lighter on the pocket too.

I find their sizes are what you expect waist-wise but perhaps often a bit long in the leg.

they do 25+different trousers in different camo ect

Had them for 3 years excellent in the cold and wet. Too hot for the summer here. Never had a problem with the troos but have say I have had to return stuff in the past with never a problem and always a quick replacement.
    Will

A search on here will give you a lot of info, with good and bad. They seem to have a history of issues with leaky knees, but they get replaced without quibble.

I have a pair of the normal Pro Hunters and love them. There are a few good bits on both the normal ones and the X model, that frankly I would like to be able to pick and choose (a friend has a pair of the X ones)! I don't like the leg adjusters on the X, but the slope pockets are better (as opposed to straight pockets on the normal ones) - the vents on the X are useful. They are very warm and I can't stalk in them on a warm summers day.

Either way, you won't go wrong, you may cry when you first buy them but I love them.

Have a pair but they get damp at the knees. Didn't realize this was such an issue. Do you send them back to harkilla directly? They're otherwise comfy

Falljraven clobber quality also rovince stuff in the summer.
    Cheers steve