Thread: After 6 1/2 months of waiting wrong rifle sent

After 6 1/2 months of waiting wrong rifle sent

Well I sold my 270 win to my father ,I ordered a sako black bear in 3006 something a bit different and I always wanted a 3006 ,plus easy to get ammo and more of a choice of heads for reloading. I have had my cert back no problem,ok then my local gun shop told that they sent the wrong rifle it was a grizzly and could have it for the same price as the black bear ,lovely rifle and price but the grizzy is a pound plus heavier not what I was looking for ,trying to make light esh stalking rifle combo up ,I was then asked was then anything else I liked I said a barvarian carbine because the black bear bear would be another 6 months,so I ordered a a barvarian carbine in 3006 and because i had a cracking price ,now who's fault it is I don't know ,but GMK have said sako sent the wrong rifle ,my local gun shop is spot on as always ,so it's another maybe 4 to 6 months waiting ,on the one hand I've had a cracking deal but on the other I have to wait another 6 mths ,anybody else experienced this with sako or GMK like to know atb Steve

SD Regular
    GMK....they make, even, Edgar Brothers and Viking Arms look good on delivery times!

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    GMK....they make, even, Edgar Brothers and Viking Arms look good on delivery times!
    that bad then ,I ordered the rifle in February,now I will be lucky to have it buy Christmas ,don't tell me sako haven't this rifle in stock or is it GMK putting orders in every six months atb Steve

Quote Originally Posted by dollman View Post
    Don't tell me sako haven't this rifle in stock or is it GMK putting orders in every six months atb Steve
    Could be made to order.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    GMK....they make Viking Arms look good on delivery times!
    Jesus Christ really? I ordered a rifle and was told 2 weeks to the proof house, either someone at VA was BS'ing the RFD or I was being Bs'd. After over 2 months I said tell them to forget it I will travel the country to get what I want as there is an RFD with it in stock. I now feel I will only buy something if it is in stock. But I will want something exquisite and VA are the importer and there isn't one in the country so Christ knows how long to import from America.

I would have stuck with your original order if you didn't want the Grizzly.
    Why do firearms that have been testshot with overpressure by the manafacturers need proof testing for the UK?
    Also can't understand a 6mnth wait. Surely the factory have a bunch of rifles in the chambering required.

Quote Originally Posted by Border View Post
    I would have stuck with your original order if you didn't want the Grizzly.
    Why do firearms that have been testshot with overpressure by the manafacturers need proof testing for the UK?
    Also can't understand a 6mnth wait. Surely the factory have a bunch of rifles in the chambering required.
    Because some one would ship out rifles they know would fail proof to make a few quid. Also it might help stop morons blowing guns up going for that extra 1 fps, as it gives a margin for error. I for one wouldn't shoot a firearm with out proof marks.

Quote Originally Posted by iain b View Post
    Because some one would ship out rifles they know would fail proof to make a few quid. Also it might help stop morons blowing guns up going for that extra 1 fps, as it gives a margin for error. I for one wouldn't shoot a firearm with out proof marks.
    What I mean is that Sako test the new rifles with proof loads before they ship.
    Does GB have to proof test them again???
    No such regulations here, also no need for sending to a proof house for rebarrelling/screw threading etc.

I wonder if a lot of countries don't get a free ride on the CIP rules? When barrels and actions are mass produced, where they are going to end up isn't known so all have to be made to be safe under CIP rules.

David.

SD Regular
    Because the Proof Act has become a "make work" scheme for the employees of the two Gun Barrel Proof Houses.

The whole thing is, now, a nonsense.

Military weapons for the British Army were proved, of course, bit that proof isn't acceptable as rendering it legally saleable in the UK.

Then the farce of Imperial German Proof that became not valid (because of the War) then valid again, then not valid, and now...well I don't know what its status is.

And the cost! Wow! How much work is involved in MoT Testing a car? What does that cost? And what does it cost "on demand" as a walk in? The same.

Yet the Proof House is a "minimum charge" and THEN for walk in an additional 50% on that. And that's not 50% of the actual cost but 50% of that "minimum charge".