Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turnarounds

Turnarounds

West Mercia on their web site now 9 months for renewals. Is this a record?

Ridiculous! No need to ban our sport just delay us until enough give up hope.

53 days for a variation.... working days! so read that as over 2 months. Certain constabularies can process an initial grant in less time.

So much for greater fees = greater efficiency

My shooting partner renewed with west mercia in march this year and it took all of 2 1/2 months, his renewed FAC arrived one week before expiry.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    My shooting partner renewed with west mercia in march this year and it took all of 2 1/2 months, his renewed FAC arrived one week before expiry.

Ian.
    Co Terminus ran out July 28 renewal application sent early 19th April and still no certificate but they did send out a section 7 without any request from myself. A friend sent off his shotgun renewal in Feb and he has still not received it although again he was sent a section 7 without his request. Another friend has just received his after it ran out in May. No section 7 issued in this case.
    Your shooting partner called lucky by any chance?

Friend of mine had to wait in excess of six months for a variation with Northants earlier this year. But his renewal recently did come through just on time. But speaking to the FEO it seems Northants are at around six months at present for renewals. Just put mine in, it expires Jan 17 so fingers crossed.

A

A friend of mine (I do have some) submitted his renewal in plenty of time but his force were late in responding. He had to pursue them to issue a S.7 permit and is now in fact in his second S.7 permit. These permits do not allow him to posses ammunition and when he asked why he was told that it was not their policy to allow ammunition on permits. I had never seen one of these permits until he showed his to me. It is titled something to the effect Permit for firearms and ammunition in big letters at the top and has a section at the rear for ammunition entries. They are clearly allowed to allocate ammunition quotas. A shocking disgrace IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    A friend of mine (I do have some) submitted his renewal in plenty of time but his force were late in responding. He had to pursue them to issue a S.7 permit and is now in fact in his second S.7 permit. These permits do not allow him to posses ammunition and when he asked why he was told that it was not their policy to allow ammunition on permits. I had never seen one of these permits until he showed his to me. It is titled something to the effect Permit for firearms and ammunition in big letters at the top and has a section at the rear for ammunition entries. They are clearly allowed to allocate ammunition quotas. A shocking disgrace IMO.
    They will be willing to add non-expanding ammunition, but the Section 7 Temporary Permit does not allow expanding ammunition.

I'm lucky, North Yorkshire Police have a drop in facility - I got a variation done within the hour recently. A new SGC application took 10 days, although my FAC took 3 months all in.