Thread: Interesting comparisons

Interesting comparisons

Not to bang the .270 drum too loud, but this article gives some interesting comparisons between it, and its popular stablemates the .308 and 30-06.

http://jagwildklub.blogspot.co.uk/20...VRQqFDvDNv1PPR

Personally, I'm a massive fan of the .270 and use mine even in preference to my 22-250 for a lot of my shooting. I thought this might be an interesting read for anyone considering the .270 as an addition to their cabinet
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

.270, From the caravan door..... To the other side of that valley!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

With no holdover
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Certainly a very interesting read, especially as I am a 270 owner and get a great deal of pleasure out of shooting my 270!

The 270 is and always will be one of the finest hunting cartridges ever, its just not as fashionable or has the bragging rights of the new fangled batch of 6.5s everyone savvy shooter seems to be buying in this country.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    The 270 is and always will be one of the finest hunting cartridges ever, its just not as fashionable or has the bragging rights of the new fangled batch of 6.5s everyone savvy shooter seems to be buying in this country.

Ian.
    I've never shot a .270 but I do like anything in a long action. 6.5 is flavour of the month because of its superior BC?

Quote Originally Posted by Brimfire View Post
    I've never shot a .270 but I do like anything in a long action. 6.5 is flavour of the month because of its superior BC?
    The superior BC of 6.5 bullets only comes into its own on the range when shooting far away targets.

Ian.