Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F.A.C. Variation;

F.A.C. Variation;

A Variation in 15 minutes ( is this possible) well yes,
    I saw a nice secondhand rifle in mint condition in a local gunshop so down went the deposit,
    I phoned the police HQ at Newby Wisk Northallerton the woman in the firearms department said fill out the variation form and bring it in, this was on Tuesday.
    So I drove over on Friday afternoon the lady from firearms took the form said she would be back in ten minutes (it took fifteen) -so how is that for service.
    So all praise to North Yorkshire firearms department.

she said 10 and took 15...... I'd be lodging a formal complaint if I were you, shameful slipping of standards, that's how it all starts, thin end of the wedge.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    she said 10 and took 15...... I'd be lodging a formal complaint if I were you, shameful slipping of standards, that's how it all starts, thin end of the wedge.
    Agreed, that's a 50% over run... We're all being quoted 6 months in TVP, and it's taking 9, so I feel your pain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Agreed, that's a 50% over run...
    Shameful. Just shameful
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Shameful. Just shameful
    I don’t know how to say this in a neutral way. We’ve all had to inch along the queue of the inside lane on the motorway funnelling into a coned off bottleneck. There is always some t*at who hurtles down the outer lane and pushes in at the end.

Most people are courteous enough to wait their turn. It sounds like an extra ‘One on’. You should have been told to post it like the rest of the ‘erks you may have misplaced. Unless they’ve got no work to do then N.Yorks FLD failed . Maybe it’s the 86F heat, but crowing bothers me.
    Last edited by Sinistral; 23-08-2016 at 14:17.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Thats incredible wish Lancs could get it in gear

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    I don’t know how to say this in a neutral way
    You didn't
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Fair play to you Uncas - I wish I could drop in to A&S
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Last week North Yorkshire did a variation for me in less than a week by post, excellent service.
    TonyC

They said 2 weeks for mine and i took 7 weeks and 4 phone calls Notts and just great !!!!