South West Scotland Social Evening and Rifle Accuracy Talk

KevinF

South West Scotland Social Evening and Rifle Accuracy Talk

SD members, their partners and pals, are cordially invited to the Douglas Arms, Castle Douglas (http://www.douglasarmshotel.com/index.asp) on Wednesday July 21 for an SD members’ social evening.

It will be an excellent opportunity for members to meet a wider circle of like minded people for a natter and a drink. The plan is to convene in the bar at 7.30, then move to the Gordon Room at 8pm for a show-and-tell talk by guest speaker Dennis Groom, followed by a Q&A session.

Dennis, as many will know, builds custom rifles under the brand Evolution Firearms. For the day job, Dennis is on the team at Jackson Rifles. He was formerly at Border Barrels.

Dennis plans to talk about the manufacturing practices and costs involved in off-the-shelf rifles by the major US and European brands, then move on to discuss how riflesmiths achieve custom-rifle ultra-accuracy by the careful selection and assembly of quality components. Dennis says he will be happy to take questions during and after the talk.

There will be a collection on behalf of H4H during the evening.

It would be helpful, and reassuring too, if members could indicate their intention to attend by posting in this thread.

With kind regards to all

This sounds like a very good idea and i will also make the short trip.

Choc -

Am chuffed that I will be able to meet you too. Tell your pals! The more the merrier. Do hope Thar and the others on here will be able to join us too.

I would love to come along and put some faces to the names as well as participate in the meeting but unfortunately I'll be sunning myself in Portugal,always next time I suppose.

Would like to come along, but as we are off work that week, my good lady is angling for few days away. However, if we just stay at home I'll be there.

Stringer -

Don't want to rain on your holiday plans, but would be chuffed if circumstances mean you are able to attend!

Do hope Thar and the others on here will be able to join us too.

Hi Kevin

I have just checked with my work and looks like I will OK to be there, it will be nice to meet a few more members. I was going to suggest we have a SW Scotland meet at the Galloway Game fair, I had already discussed this with a couple of other local members but looks like you have beat me to it.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

ATB

Tahr

Thar -

Excellent news. Will much look forward to meeting you. Hope I haven't trodden on toes, taking the bull by the proverbials.

On the matter of the speaker for the evening, Dennis is considering bringing some moderators along so people can compare and contrast the different makes and models side-by-side and, as you will have seen, Griff is intending to invite a wildlife crimes police officer. With luck there will, as they say, be something for everyone.

Angus -

Will look forward to meeting you. If we suffer no drop-outs, and maybe win a few late recruits, it should be busy evening. A few folk from further afield than D&G are pondering whether to make the trip, and they will be very welcome too. I may even stand a prize for the furthest traveled!

Back