Thread: New stock for Cz550 American 243?

Thumbs up New stock for Cz550 American 243?

A buddy has just discovered his Cz550 stock has cracked at the rear tang and around the pistol grip.
    He would like a replacement, preferably synthetic. I'm aware that HS Precision and Bell & Carlson make stocks for Cz but does anyone else?
    He wants to go as cheap as possible, so maybe a Boyds might be the best option, or even a second hand factory stock
    Is anyone aware of a stock tor sale?

Without seeing that, I would guess one could fix that. I would glue and reinforce with carbon rovings filled in a milled out corner of the tang and with epoxy. Did several shotguns that way. Carbon is hidden under the metal and not visible when put together again.
    The CZ would benefit of bedding after that also.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Without seeing that, I would guess one could fix that. I would glue and reinforce with carbon rovings filled in a milled out corner of the tang and with epoxy. Did several shotguns that way. Carbon is hidden under the metal and not visible when put together again.
    The CZ would benefit of bedding after that also.
    edi
    That sounds great, though I'm guessing fairly expensive with all the work involved?
    I'll take photos and post them up for assessment.

For locals that have little cracks in their shot gun stocks we don't even charge anything as it only takes max an hour and doesn't happen often. Starting to post a stock internationally is a different story. Best to find someone local. Maybe we can judge better with a picture.
    edi

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160826_153357.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	73907

The crack is quite fine, but opens up slightly when pressure is applied to the stock.