Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Info transfer to Police

Info transfer to Police

Bought some ammo today and the seller entered it into a computer which was uploaded to the Police Firearms Computer. So they can check you are not exceeding ammo allocations. Turns of the screw.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Bought some ammo today and the seller entered it into a computer which was uploaded to the Police Firearms Computer. So they can check you are not exceeding ammo allocations. Turns of the screw.
    No problem with that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    So they have time to count em' all up then?, might slow up renewals etc even more?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Counting ammo is a waste of effort, if you continually bought your allowance, sat on most of it for a period of time then went back to buy some more who would know??

we have to be trusted not to do it. Therefore what is the point of counting ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    So they have time to count em' all up then?, might slow up renewals etc even more?
    Isn't computerising the system likely to be more time efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Isn't computerising the system likely to be more time efficient?
    They are more likely to set up another duffer of a system to look after it!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

My Polis Scotland FAC does not specify how many rounds of ammunition may be bought/acquired/whatever, it just states a maximum holding, so advising of a purchase quantity is meaningless.
    Last edited by Wapinschaw; 24-08-2016 at 19:33.

How can informing the police electronically of your purchases tell them you are over your holding limit? To do that, they also need to know how many you are using.

Sounds like a mistaken conspiracy theory.

First off, there is no upload link to the PNC or to the NFLMS (the system all of us in E&W and our SGC/FACís are on) from day-to-day ammunition transactions. That would be an absurd waste of time. Itís the RFDís responsibility to check that the amount bought doesnít exceed the Part 2 Ďauthorised to be possessedí limit. It says so on every FAC. The scale of the entries can be checked by the FLD at every Variation or Renewal anyway.

There is a Home Office recommended combined Ďstock/dealers registerí computer system which the bigger businesses have been encouraged (leant on) to adopt. It expedites the yearly audit of their books by the county Firearms Licensing dept. This can tie up several members of staff for days on end, so makes sense IMO. In effect this is only a localised ĎDealers Registerí held on computer to replace the old paper version. Iím guessing this is what the OP is talking about.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    How can informing the police electronically of your purchases tell them you are over your holding limit? To do that, they also need to know how many you are using.

nail, head, hit