Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Hydro punch

  1. #1

    Hydro punch

    Got a Hydro punch made by prime reloading, anybody know anything about them ????
    got to admit I've never seen one before.
    Steve.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by white van man View Post
    Got a Hydro punch made by prime reloading, anybody know anything about them ????
    got to admit I've never seen one before.
    Steve.
    If i remember correctly they were specifically designed for removing Berdan primers

    Ian.

  3. #3
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

  4. #4
    I had one which I sold for a large profit!!! Excellent bit of kit but I prefer my Wamadet to get the Berdan primers out.
    The advantage of military brass is that it is good quality and nobody wants it - therefore it's free!!!!

  5. #5
    Daft question time. Is it worth drilling out the primer pockets so you can fit a boxer primer? Or are the pocket dimensions different?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

  6. #6
    It's not worth it and the primer pockets don't match
    Trying to get Berdan primers is a pain! I have enough to keep me going but not enough to pass on!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Daft question time. Is it worth drilling out the primer pockets so you can fit a boxer primer? Or are the pocket dimensions different?
    No

    Yes

  8. #8
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Midlands M1/M69 Junction 21
    Posts
    5,385
    Made, usually, to de-cap Berdan primed 9mm Parabellum aka 9mm Luger brass.

    Uses just a drop of water so much more efficient than the Wamadet Heydraulic Decapper. There will be a spigot or "end" on your prime that is a snug tight fit into a 9mm case. You place the thing on the base (that has a hole in the centre) and hit the top of the Prime with a hammer. The drop of water drives the primer out of the case.

    The biggest drawback is that, nowadays, time is money (it takes a lot of time), the cases get wet so need to be dried, Berdan primers are now virtually unobtainable, eventually you'll mix up a Berdan case with a Boxer case and wreck the de-capping pin and rid in your die set, seating Berdan primers in a progressive press is an explosion risk.

  9. #9
    Cheers fellas
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Made, usually, to de-cap Berdan primed 9mm Parabellum aka 9mm Luger brass.

    Uses just a drop of water so much more efficient than the Wamadet Heydraulic Decapper. There will be a spigot or "end" on your prime that is a snug tight fit into a 9mm case. You place the thing on the base (that has a hole in the centre) and hit the top of the Prime with a hammer. The drop of water drives the primer out of the case.

    The biggest drawback is that, nowadays, time is money (it takes a lot of time), the cases get wet so need to be dried, Berdan primers are now virtually unobtainable, eventually you'll mix up a Berdan case with a Boxer case and wreck the de-capping pin and rid in your die set, seating Berdan primers in a progressive press is an explosion risk.
    brilliant thanks.
    Steve

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Mora CRAFTLINE PUNCH
    By mmbeatle in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 19-10-2017, 19:30
  2. *SOLD* Karrimor sf hydro 30
    By greenshoots in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-10-2015, 16:23
  3. For Sale mora craftline punch knife
    By mmbeatle in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 08:10
  4. belt hole punch
    By bewsher500 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 21-06-2011, 11:06
  5. Anyone punch paper?
    By Joshua in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 12:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •