Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead deer box aka Garden Storage Trunk now in at Aldi £ 12.99!

SD Regular

Dead deer box aka Garden Storage Trunk now in at Aldi £ 12.99!

In Aldi, Aylestone Road, Leicester, yesterday. Got myself one of these. Comes with a lid too and all for £12.99! Appears on initial inspection to be leakless without any holes for leakage around the wheels.

Ideal for the boot on some hatchbacks or if not for the back seat as, with its lid in place, it doesn't tell what lurks inside!

https://www.aldi.co.uk/storage-trunk...66647065021500
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 26-08-2016 at 13:49.

Thank you.

Excellent.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Are they incredibly thin crappy plastic which will break first time - or will it take a bit of abuse? Bloody good price.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    Are they incredibly thin crappy plastic which will break first time - or will it take a bit of abuse? Bloody good price.
    I got one from morrisons recently, identical looking. Not for deer but for moving and containing other junk. Mine now has a hole in the bottom where I dropped something in and it smashed a chunk off...
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

SD Regular
    It appears adequate for putting a deer in but, no, the plastic isn't of great thickness. But for £12.99 (or a penny cheaper at Homebase) it will do the job of not abused.

Maybe not a good environment for a warm carcass?

Rather my thoughts. I like to keep mine in an open-topped tray or bag that's just deep enough to hold the carcase and contain any fluids, drop the back window an inch or two and make the run home with a good through draught.

It looks good for other purposes, though.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

line the bottom with newspaper and put in a dozen frozen coolie blocks.
    if its in your estate car you need a lid to keep the crawly nasties climbing
    onto your seats.

SD Regular
    Maybe not a good environment for a warm carcass?
    Surely by the time you've done the gralloch, cut the feet off, hung it up, had a "beetle around" for another beast, and then taken it back to your vehicle to take it home it's gone cold?