Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Red ken..........

  1. #1

    Red ken..........

    I have never been a fan of Ken Livingstone, however I have changed a small amount after watching him in this video clip....





    Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

    You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

    An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....




  2. #2
    Like yourself, I have never had time for Ken, but his stance on this matter was perfect. Well done him!

  3. #3
    Like the previous comments I dont Like Livingstone either and still do not.
    He does not give the Police chance to even talk to him and try and find out what is happening, instead of explaining his position he immediately starts his typical left wing rant accusing them of working for this company and that they should not do their bidding and should not attend no matter what the complaint was .This company are entitled to ring the police as anyone of us are .The police officer tries to explain what the call was and he talks over him and will not listen.
    The police officer appears to be reasonable and says that they are taking no action ,which if Livingstone had taken the reasonable view from the start,
    It would have soon been resolved ,but no he chooses to create a spectacle for the cameras ,for his own gain.

    TonyR

  4. #4
    That a police officer is talking is not automatically or necessarily a good enough reason alone to have to listen past a certain point.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    That a police officer is talking is not automatically or necessarily a good enough reason alone to have to listen past a certain point.
    As an ex copper what would you have done in their position,how would you have dealt with Ken?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    As an ex copper what would you have done in their position,how would you have dealt with Ken?
    Probably tell the security guard to tell his bosses to take it to civil court as filming in a public place is not against the law. Just like wearing a hat in a pub is not breaking the law. There are probably cctv cameras everywhere along that route all filming the general public. Similarly, some so-called security employees in large pubs suffer from a sartorial dilemma when entering a premises with a hat on.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
    and that they should not do their bidding and should not attend no matter what the complaint was .This company are entitled to ring the police as anyone of us are .The police officer tries to explain what the call was and he talks over him and will not listen.
    The police officer appears to be reasonable and says that they are taking no action ,which if Livingstone had taken the reasonable view from the start,
    It would have soon been resolved ,but no he chooses to create a spectacle for the cameras ,for his own gain.

    TonyR
    can't see two coppers turning up outside my house because a public figure is filming though?

    if they are taking no action why turn up?

    not a fan of his but neither am I of political agenda driving Police action

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    can't see two coppers turning up outside my house because a public figure is filming though?

    if they are taking no action why turn up?

    not a fan of his but neither am I of political agenda driving Police action
    They (the police) have had a complaint from a security employee that is not happy that Mr Livingstone has told him to 'get on his bike', and Mr Livingstone has stood his ground, he is educated and knows the law. As there has been a complaint, the police are obliged to turn up.

    Not a leftie fan either, but it is far better viewing then Mr Corbyn being caught telling porkies on a train.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    As an ex copper what would you have done in their position,how would you have dealt with Ken?
    Not difficult at all. My first question would be to the security / management of the centre, along the lines of "What are you expecting me to do?" If they say tell him to leave, I respond, no, that's your job. I will stand by in case there is a breach of the peace in which case I will arrest those responsible. I would not have dealt with Ken. Ken says that the route is a public right of way and that would be beyond my knowledge. If they tried to throw him out and he resisted I would most likely have arrested the lot of them for BOP and let the courts settle it. situations like this was one reason why I used to carry two sets of handcuffs.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    If they tried to throw him out and he resisted
    That would be self defence, and as an observer you should be able to determine this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    I would most likely have arrested the lot of them
    Even a hypothetical situation, the judgement is incorrect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    for BOP and let the courts settle it. situations like this was one reason why I used to carry two sets of handcuffs.
    The most accurate outcome should be arrest the guard for affray.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •