Thread: New concept driven boar rifle

New concept driven boar rifle

Someting new, hand operated but probably very fast. Seems intresting.

Not a new concept Lever release Developed for UK mainly By Bob at Southerns Guns a good few years back now on the AR platform exists because of the Semi auto ban
    also the MARS Rifle

but a new application and a more conventional layout

When is a semi-automatic, not a semi-automatic but is considered a semi-automatic for licencing purposes? When they see this.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Quote Originally Posted by mchughcb View Post
    When is a semi-automatic, not a semi-automatic but is considered a semi-automatic for licencing purposes? When they see this.

We have had them In UK as Section 1 for over 5 yrs now cleared by the home office they will have to change the law to ban it as it does not fit in the description of Semi auto
    Bob at SGC spent a lot of time with eh home office to develop them in 9mm and now .223"

My local shop is the importer for VC. But he said no way are the Feds going to allow them in.

The law here, is clear about that. Semi auto is chambering a round after firing the previous round with NO manual assistance. Even the slightest manual help is not a semi auto.

The reason of this action will probably be to avoid the rule of non-detachable magazines with maximum 2 shots on semi-auto's. As the rifle is not a semi-auto you can use detachable magazines and as many rounds as you like. Rifles like the Remington 7500 can use 10 round detachable magazines , the Browning Bar only canhave a 2 shot non-detachable magazine.

Also interesting to see it has a muzzle brake. I was told last year these were not allowed (in France) along with sound moderators (except on Ranges).

HS is quite right, but I think there was/is a deeper concern about the future permissibility of semi-auto rifles for hunting in the EU, and so, much as most ammunition manufacturers have been developing lead-free loads in anticipation of a lead ban, V-C have come up with this. IMO it's only going a step further than Browning with the Maral: i.e. taking what is essentially a s/a design and adapting it to give its operation a sufficient degree of manual intervention to take it out of that category.

Personally, I don't think this should be a question of legalities, but rather of sporting traditions, ethics and practical management. Do higher-capacity magazines, faster reloads and faster cycling make a positive contribution to the quality of the sport or the ability of those organising it to manage game animals humanely and effectively?
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Only when you shoot at moving targets, generally flushed out by dogs.