Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better regulation of expanding ammunition?

Better regulation of expanding ammunition?

This link was sent to me today. Given the recent heated debate on 'expanding ammunition', people might want to respond to this suggestion.

http://www.betterregulation.gov.uk/i...6af0&tunnel=bl

Rgds JCS

It's gone straight into the long grass by the looks of the footnote.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

FWIW I've given them my 2p's worth. I don't expect it will make any difference though

The thing to keep in mind though is that the standard hotch potch expanding ammo condition that we all have on our certs, was cobbled together and rushed into usage because the legslators completely forgot that it wasn't just handguns that used expanding ammo in the post-Dunblaine rush to do something (anything!).

Like all other kneejerk laws it created a mishmash that doesn't really make much sense.

I too filled in the comments form at the end. I might just send it to my MP too.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I don't understand why all bullets aren't regulated? Target or expanding they'll still hurt if misused and why does anyone without a FAC need them?

Quote Originally Posted by njc110381 View Post
    I don't understand why all bullets aren't regulated? Target or expanding they'll still hurt if misused and why does anyone without a FAC need them?
    What about lead, copper and moulds? Or empty cartridge-cases?

Seriously, though, what I don't understand is the inability of shooting men, of all people, to regulate better their lust for wanting more and more things 'regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by njc110381 View Post
    Don't you think we are over-regulated already!
    I can't believe that any shooter would want more regulation, what we want is sensible regulation. Every one who has an interest in shooting or administration of the firearms acts wants clearer simpler legislation, and many of us have suggested a review of the current legislation on numerous occasions.

njc110381 how would you propose regulating target bullets, and to what benefit? If such legislation was suggested or imposed I would go out of my way to circumvent it by casting or swaging for every calibre that I own. You cannot legislative further for people who take no notice of our existing laws so what would be the point of pissing around those of us who try to adhere to the law regardless of whether the law is just or sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    What about lead, copper and moulds? Or empty cartridge-cases?

Seriously, though, what I don't understand is the inability of shooting men, of all people, to regulate better their lust for wanting more and more things 'regulated'.
    I'm exactly the same with DSC 1 and 2.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

The only regulation I am for and interested in is the regulation of my sights to the ammunition