Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka t3X

Tikka t3X

Im looking for a new .243 for fox and deer and have around £1k to spend. Is the Tikka t3x the best value gun on the market at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Layton View Post
    Im looking for a new .243 for fox and deer and have around £1k to spend. Is the Tikka t3x the best value gun on the market at the moment?

Probably!

but I bet you can pick up a nice deal on the old T3's at the mo, and use the change on the scope.

happy shopping,

S

I bought a second hand 22-250 stainless t3. Looked perfect but barrel was shot out. Got a take off t3 243 barrel in and she now shoots.
    Edi

Established Poster
    I like the look of the lightweight Browning and at a good price.

http://www.guntrader.uk/Guns-For-Sal...30708124623001

I also think that Howas are under rated and excelent value for money.

http://www.guntrader.uk/Guns-For-Sal...50223160746001

I didn't like the stocks on the old Tikkas, perhaps the new ones are better and may sway you.
    It is a nightmare having to make a choice.
    Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Layton View Post
    Overall I don't think you will go wrong. I would choose the T3 preferably in stainless for our climate over any other in a similar price bracket. In my earlier post I just wanted to say beware with second hand as some are shot out even if they look fine.
    edi

A lot of guns out there as good as the Tikka, Thomson TC venture, ruger American , CZ, Howa , the tikka has a large following, but is not the only gun at the party.

Personally, I'd buy a Sako 75

For £100 more than your budget, you can have a complete package:
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...hlight=sako+75
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I think you have a better chance of getting an accurate rifle with the tikka. I have seen new remington, howa, and ruger rifles that had accuracy problems but never a tikka.

Thanks All, great feedback.
    Layton

Was pondering the same question last week but in .22-250. Ended up buying a T3 adjustable on Friday. The adjustable stock seemed to feel nicer than the standard T3 stock. Not sure I like the interchangeable grip on the T3X, I'd be worried it fell off. Bought a Sako A7 in .270 last year which I really like, but didn't want to spend the extra cash for this one and knew I'd not regret buying a T3. Was half tempted by a Howa last week considering the price but it didn't really do it for me. If someone had been selling a Sako 75 close by and it was in decent condition I'd have probably went for that, although would be a little worried the barrel was shot out given the calibre and age.