Vehicle Breakdown Cover. Which One?

Uncle Norm

I have just started looking at the various vehicle breakdown/recovery options.

Ideally I would cover two vehicles, a Berlingo that my wife mainly drives and my L200 Warrior, that I mainly drive.

I would appreciate knowing what member's experiences are and which you would recommend .....or not.

Ideally I would cover two vehicles, a Berlingo that my wife mainly drives and my L200 Warrior, that I mainly drive.

I would appreciate knowing what member's experiences are and which you would recommend .....or not.
Not Adrian Flux.
Took my camper insurance with them and it`s been a nightmare.
They wanted photos, I sent photos. One week later they ask me to send some photos. I resent the photos only for them to say not enough photos and photos aren`t good enough. Sent more photos.
Emailed my no claims bonus, three days later they ask me to email my no claims bonus from previous company. Resent it only to get a letter two weeks later saying please send No claims bonus from previous company. :old:

Good question not sure I have a good answer though,recently had a senior moment and put petrol in the wife's car neither the AA nor the RAC consider that a breakdown even though the car was stranded 30 miles from home AA could and would attend but not until next day,RAC could attend but for a charge of £220, thankfully was able to do the job myself with a few basic borrowed tools.

Also have basic breakdown cover from Green Flag never had to use them so can't say how good they are.

Britania every time for me named driver any vehicle,wouldn't dream of taking our camper to scotland without it.

Uncle Norm, being over fifty and a "sad old git" I now insure my car and house with SAGA. Within that I get their vehicle breakdown cover. I have only used it once, when I left the inside light on overnight and flattened the battery. But the people (the AA as it happened) were there in under half an hour.

Previously to that I had used the one that had a Autohome. But once I became a "sad old git" and SAGA eligible I switched my insurance to them and so the vehicle breakdown tagged along, as it were, to their offering. Hope it helps!

Unless you are in a very well populated area, whichever organisation you join it is more than likely that a local garage will attend to you, as agents of that organisation. In fact, the same local garage will likely be an agent for most organisations. So looking at attendance times and so on seems pretty pointless.

The thing to do is to look at their policies, whether they will attend for mis-fuels, accidents, are you covered whatever vehicle you are in, and of course price. Then pick the one that suits you most.

Having been with the RAC for 5 years when their renewal came through, I thought it was getting very expensive so I researched all of the break down companies and seen Green Flag did an alright price. I phoned RAC to cancel my premium telling them that Green Flag were offering a better deal and as our car is 9 years old, we had it from almost new and keep it regularly serviced, and no advisories for the last MOT because it gets looked after and driven sympathetically. Got Everything except Home start cover so recovery, rescue and onward travel which wasn't included in the green flag price, all for £68, when the renewal price was over £140.

AA are carp,blown piston on bike told em so ,told 2 to 3 hours not priority .van turns up whats wrong m8 sorry told your control bang squeal no power=blown piston.Sorry pal il be back 2 hours later back with a bike trailer ????M20 on the way to France blow out ,car tyre shreds rim is banjaxed told sorry sir not priority took em 20 hours 3 x vehicles to relay me home.Now get free RAC with the bank ,spot on ring you to confirm problem and eta and the man that turns up takes you home no relay testicles .RAC at the moment =good gravy AA = plop

Back