Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any where else doing it?

Any where else doing it?

Clear fell now being rowed up, using tree boles where we go for Roe, very boggy usually in the flattened areas between the stacks, & the bottom ends away from the roads closed off in the same fashion, any one else see this ?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sounds like they're making a bog for snipe and the likes. I have an area in my beat that has been done in a similar way

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Sounds like they're making a bog for snipe and the likes. I have an area in my beat that has been done in a similar way

They are going for it every where they are taking out timber though.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Fin they have been doing it up here instead of burning the brash its **** deer don't want to go in amongst it mate

Been a long time since brash and hag was burnt. Trees don't like growing in really wet ground, hence why they drain it.

Odd if they are doing it on every clear fell site, asking the forester might be the best way to find out why they are doing it

Not sure I understand this - could you describe it in a bit more detail?

Several areas I stalk have clear fell that's been made very inaccessible indeed, and I'm wondering if this the same - but can't picture what you mean.

Still burn brash here and there in the north east just a couple of months since I last seen it mate mungo what fin is on about is the bra shines piled in straight lines about 5 foot high I think

Just a guess, but isn't this something to do with reducing runoff and reducing flood risk? Holding up the flow so that flow stabilises rather than a sudden rush.

David.

So different from the piles used to drive the forwarders on? Those can start out pretty high before they get flattened.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Clear fell now being rowed up, using tree boles where we go for Roe, very boggy usually in the flattened areas between the stacks, & the bottom ends away from the roads closed off in the same fashion, any one else see this ?
    If its on Greenfield Steve should know why they are doing it. Or Andy.

Mick