Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Variation for same duplicated calibre

  1. #1

    Variation for same duplicated calibre

    What is the best way to word a variation for an additional calibre already held on FAC.
    I have a .308 and want another but in a lighter weight set up.

    Thanks in advance
    Martin

  2. #2
    For a dedicated nightvision set up or a spare rifle for if your main one fails

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    What is the best way to word a variation for an additional calibre already held on FAC.
    I have a .308 and want another but in a lighter weight set up.

    Thanks in advance
    Martin
    You've answered it yourself!

    In a covering letter detail why you require a lighter weight rifle - more active 'hill' type stalking etc.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    For a dedicated nightvision set up or a spare rifle for if your main one fails
    Can't lawfully use night vision for Deer. A back-up rifle I would think is a perfectly legitimate reason.

  5. #5
    At one time I had 2 x .243 and 2 x .308 and that was exactly the reason I gave, lighter models of each.

  6. #6
    I have 5 x .22 rifles and have 5 good reasons for having them. If you have a genuine good reason you should get the variation,

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimfire View Post
    Can't lawfully use night vision for Deer. A back-up rifle I would think is a perfectly legitimate reason.
    But you can for wild boar.

  8. #8
    open sight, light weight patrol, target (club membership required), boar (overseas restrictions may be applied + club membership required), unmoderated, all-weather,close quarter,scout...
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

  9. #9
    I have three .308's and valid reasons for them all.

Similar Threads

  1. FAC Variation for rebarrel in different calibre
    By I. Farticus in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 11:12
  2. FAC variation for two barrels of the same calibre
    By MauserM03 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-11-2012, 14:09
  3. FAC Variation for 6.5 calibre question - what do I request?
    By force64 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 19-02-2012, 10:17
  4. help with wording for requiring a calibre on a variation
    By Scots_stalker in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 19:58
  5. Calibre Variation ??
    By rigboot in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-05-2011, 05:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •