Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Word of warning

Word of warning

As above I was recharging a 123a lith rechargeable battery at a stalkers let and the naffing battery exploded it flew into the air in a white hot fire ball of fire it was ni-on imposable to put out so I FOR ONE will Never leave one on charge unattended again thankfully it only cost us a new carpet and the stalker was understanding it could have been far worse if we were not in at the time .

Hi, I never charge when i'm not able to keep an eye on things, even larger ones for my lightforce I charge in a bucket just in case.
    Jim

The force of it a bucket would just be a launch tube but agree

I never leave ANYTHING electrical running unattended.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

? you turn everything off as you leave the room every thing ps we were sitting in the same room not four feet away

Even our Telly gets it's supply wrecked off!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

entirely down to battery and charger choice

its not as simple as getting one that fits

what were yours?

very common problem with cheap chinese tech

http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com/p...batteries.html

Get a proper intelligent charger & batteries with protection circuitry in them. This is no absolute guarantee of course, but it goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    Hi, I never charge when i'm not able to keep an eye on things, even larger ones for my lightforce I charge in a bucket just in case.
    Jim

It's a fairly common occurance

RC Modellers use fire proof lipo bags - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...22cm_Sack.html

I left one on charge in the kitchen when i got home the kitchen was covered in black soot and bits of battery, i was very lucky it exploded and never set on fire otherwise it would have burnt the house down.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015