Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Hermes.... DO NOT USE!!

My Hermes.... DO NOT USE!!

So I recently sent a press to its new owner, struggled with finding a sensible price for shipping but eventually found my Hermes quote better than most.
    So, dropped the parcel off at the collection point last Sunday afternoon. Instantly got notification of its location on their website, good service I thought....

Wednesday came and I messaged the recipient to see if he's got it..... Nope. Checked online, said it was still at the collection point....

went for for a drive back to the shop and surprise surprise yep, still sat behind he counter, excuse from the shop was that the girl that collects for Hermes always comes there last on her round and never has room in her van.....

complained to to my Hermes, harder than getting blood out of a stone but managed to, and by some miracle the log shifted to indicate that it was now at a national hub for delivery...

friday, and I t's supposedly signed for..... But the recipient is away so he assumes his neighbour must have it... However on his return he finds it secreted in his dustbin, box damaged.

This is was insured in the multiple hundreds and supposedly signed for: please tell me what I paid for???
    And ive emailed to complain but funnily enough they've not got back to me....

NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE MY HERMES. BE WARNED!!!!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

SD Regular
    I have never used them DS...and you were unwise to do so. I am glad it was resolved without any loss and you were good enough to share your experience with others.

Yep I've came home with note waiting parcel in blue bin, or in boat. One day I was in they never even chapped door when I opened door he said with a surprise look on his face. O parcel in boat, do you want my signature I asked err its ok already done. They are in that much of a hurry they are signing it themselves and putting parcel in the first place they can find.
    Jim

You get what you pay for. Use UPS via a consolidator such as interparcel.com

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    You get what you pay for. Use UPS via a consolidator such as interparcel.com
    The alternatives were way over 30 for the size and weight, which to deliver a parcel is daylight robbery and would put most people of buying something.
    You pay for a service, as per their terms and conditions, many of which have been breeched but seemingly they don't care what people think.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I have used them several times and have found them 100%
    For the extra few pence I get things collected from the door rather than dropping it off at a local collection point so I know its on its way.
    The fella that has delivered things to my address is brilliant, he will hold onto it until someone is home (if its signed for). Other wise he follows my instructions on where to leave it if no one home.
    They are a hell of a lot cheaper than parcel force, (now those guys are hooks, but thats another story)
    I would use hermes again without a second thought

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Bri View Post
    For the extra few pence I get things collected from the door rather than dropping it off at a local collection point so I know its on its way.
    The fella that has delivered things to my address is brilliant, he will hold onto it until someone is home (if its signed for). Other wise he follows my instructions on where to leave it if no one home.
    They are a hell of a lot cheaper than parcel force, (now those guys are hooks, but thats another story)
    This is my experience of them too. Good value service.

i used fedex for my business for many years. For years they were great, and though i was paying top dollar the service was excellent. Last year they changed their rules and employed a lot of self employed drivers, who were paid by the drop. The standards fell through the floor, in one week 3 packages were lost, delivered some place - and 53 were delivered unsigned for. It cost us a lot of money to sot out, and though we were compensated only after weeks of fighting threatening court action and making it clear i knew they had teams of people being paid to block claims when they had admitted screwing up. When checked carefully i found signatures from mr grumpy and mr porch, mr Bin. Total nonsense for what was an incredibly expensive service, listed in their much quoted terms and conditions as what i had paid for.

I use them now only for a small number of customers, where they can carry package sizes and weights to parts of the world others do not.

I now have the post office collect from me daily, costs are a fraction of a courier, and i enjoy the same tracked and signed for service but with post office staff and not contract drivers delivering my packages. A few months and a few thousand packages in and all great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    The alternatives were way over 30 for the size and weight, which to deliver a parcel is daylight robbery and would put most people of buying something.
    You pay for a service, as per their terms and conditions, many of which have been breeched but seemingly they don't care what people think.
    Did you check on interparcel.com? A 20kg box is 11.40. 30kg would be 11.99. Both with UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Bri View Post
    +1