Thread: .243 Sako Arrowheads

.243 Sako Arrowheads

Hi all just a quick post to see if anyone has tried or using this ammo,and if so what sort of results are you getting in both field performance and accuracy? I believe it's a 70gr bullet made by nosler for Sako.Any feed back would be much appreciated....

I thought that they looked interesting too & picked up a couple of boxes; the bolt wouldn't close on them & my rifles's a Sako!

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    I thought that they looked interesting too & picked up a couple of boxes; the bolt wouldn't close on them & my rifles's a Sako!
    Thats interesting I'm using a Tikka T3 Varmint,I wonder if I would get the same problem

Absolutely brilliant in my T3 and a friend shoots them since a while from a Sako. 1" at 200 yards are his claim. Brilliant on fox.
    Because of the good accuracy I will try them later in the year for does/calves neck shooting. Don't think they will be the best for shoulder shots though.
    From my 22" T3 lite barrel they do 3108fps, seems a bit slow but so be it.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Absolutely brilliant in my T3 and a friend shoots them since a while from a Sako. 1" at 200 yards are his claim. Brilliant on fox.
    Because of the good accuracy I will try them later in the year for does/calves neck shooting. Don't think they will be the best for shoulder shots though.
    From my 22" T3 lite barrel they do 3108fps, seems a bit slow but so be it.
    edi
    Thanks ejg the 90gr gameheads im using at present are producing 1/4in groups at 100yds easily,the local gunshop suggested to try the arrowheads but I'm not convinced they would be any better than what I'm currently using plus the fact they would be more destructive on the roe,i can see the advantage on foxes though but would they be an improvement on the accuracy I'm already getting?

That is good news for me as I have a few boxes of 90gr sako ammo lying here that I would try. They would be better at least for body shots on deer if the accuracy is good. The 70gr bt could be fairly destructive but I have not used them on deer yet.

ps. just fired a 90gr game head Sako ammo over the Chrono. 2917 fps out of the same 22" barrel that did 3108 fps with the sako arrowhead 70gr.
    Last edited by ejg; 31-08-2016 at 12:50.

There's a 100 grain Deerhead, wich is a "bonded" bullet. Probably very good for shoulder shots.

I use the 100g game(deer)heads - no issues shoulder pinning - I get an inch at 100m from the bench through my Helix if I'm having a good day (I'm not the best shot) but plenty good enough for deer.

Ive dabbled with 58g Hornady for fox but have shot at least a dozen with the 100g Sako's (furthest 190 ranged at dusk) and their was no argument.

My Helix doesn't like the 90's though
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT