Saving money on Nitesite?

6.5Pow

I have been thinking about getting some night vision but I am on a budget. I would be using it across multiply types of shooting situations, from rats at 10 yards to long range foxes. I thought the Nitesite would be best suited for this.

However, I was wondering if it would be possible to get extended ranges from the lower end modules like the viper by using an additional high quality IR illuminator ?
From what I can tell the main difference between the viper, wolf, and eagle is the illuminator and the camera doesn't change?

Anyone have any adivce/ reasons that would support or disprove this?

Thanks in advance

If you're on a budget then don't buy any of the NiteSite products - in fact, don't buy anything until you've been to the Nightvision UK forum http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/index.php
There, you can get yourself educated about night vision for free without any sales or marketing hype.
Once you've done that, then you can decide what you want to buy.
IMHO, far and away the best bang for your buck is a screen based rear add-on and the best of those is built and sold by a member on NVUK called "some bloke" for £280.

Cheers

Bruce

At £750 to £1150 the Nitesite certainly isn't budget night vision anymore. Having bought the mk1 Ns200 which i quickly became disillusioned with i would recommend buying 2 Yukon Photons and a good quality illuminator for the same money.

Ward 700/800 is the best of the bunch for an add on in my opinion.

Definitely, but they're not really budget. As Bruce says, one off some bloke on the nv forum will easily match nite site and at a third of the price.

google search for some bloke night vision from leicester (dave) sells home made kits cheap.better than nitesite from what i have witnessed.

i might be purchasing one of daves kits shortly,at present hes waiting on parts arriving so will be 2-3 weeks,just had pm off him tonight

I bought a night eye 200 a few years ago, I dont think they are made anymore due to court action from nitesite,
Basically they were the same as the ns200, but didnt come in a fancy box, were a bit more agricultural but were a few hundred quid cheaper.
It was dead on for bunny bashing to about 70 yards on my .22lr,
However I stuck a t50 ir torch on the side and what a difference ! A couple of hundred yards easily. - I'm not shooting rabbits at a couple of hundred yards !
Mine is kind of bulky but it does me rightly for bunny bashing and foxing as it can be switched between 22 and 223
If I were to buy again, I would defo buy of that nightvision forum and use a t50 ir torch. I wouldnt pay big money for a branded type

He,s on P.W as Dave G ,if you want to pm him he gets rave reviews for his set ups and its well cheaper than any Nitesite product atb

If you're on a budget then don't buy any of the NiteSite products - in fact, don't buy anything until you've been to the Nightvision UK forum http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/index.php
There, you can get yourself educated about night vision for free without any sales or marketing hype.
Once you've done that, then you can decide what you want to buy.
IMHO, far and away the best bang for your buck is a screen based rear add-on and the best of those is built and sold by a member on NVUK called "some bloke" for £280.

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks for the link :thumb:..john

I did think Nitesite was priced rather extortionately for what it is, but didn't realise there is a similar alternative!
Thanks for the help everyone, I have been looking at some of Dave's videos and I'm impressed so far with his scope add-ons.
I may just wait a while longer and get the ward but we shall see.

Rabbit, if you do buy one I would be happy to hear your first hand opinion on it, it looks good to me so far from the videos I've seen though

Definitely, but they're not really budget. As Bruce says, one off some bloke on the nv forum will easily match nite site and at a third of the price.
Agreed, but people only end up selling cheaper, less able units when they see how good something like the Ward is.
I still use mine even though I have a 10x Dronepro, when I sometimes need a bit more mag.

Agreed, but people only end up selling cheaper, less able units when they see how good something like the Ward is.
I still use mine even though I have a 10x Dronepro, when I sometimes need a bit more mag.

It's all I use now, along with thermal spotter. If the Ward D doesn't see it nothing will.

Ok guys

I was up at Bruce's today and he has the system talked about above from " some bloke" on the NV forum

The build and way it's put together for £280 is a no brainer it's a fraction of the price and I'll bet the quality of the screen etc is the same as the nite site .......

Paul

Ok guys

I was up at Bruce's today and he has the system talked about above from " some bloke" on the NV forum

The build and way it's put together for £280 is a no brainer it's a fraction of the price and I'll bet the quality of the screen etc is the same as the nite site .......

Paul

Have to agree with this. Dave (Some Bloke) does a very good nv, easily equal to nite site if not better, and at a fraction of the cost. He's been doing these for a long time now and knows what works and what doesn't, and he's not in it just to make as much profit as possible at the expense of the buyer, he still enjoys making nv.

I was impressed with the coupling / fitting for the camera going o to the eyepiece , then the fact that the IR , batteries & screen all on one box with the two switches , one for power one for IR
It's a neat unit & sets up in no time
Secret with any NV
Play with focus & parallex till you find sweet spot for your eyes

Paul

Back