Thread: Red & Sika stalking recommendations please

Red & Sika stalking recommendations please

Good afternoon folks,

I would like a few recommendations for paid stalking on Red and Sika deer in the UK please?

I have an opportunity in early November to take a visiting American member of staff out deer stalking.

This is a chance for me to also get some shooting in for the deer I haven't hunted before so I thought Red and Sika.

I've completed my DSC1, have insurance, my own rifle and plenty of experience from various permissions and as a member of a deer management team.

My American colleague has years of hunting experience on white tail deer etc but has never stalked in the UK and will need to use an estate rifle.

I have never stalked Red or Sika deer in the UK and I wouldn't know a good place to stalk from a great place to stalk, so I would be very grateful for recommendations based on experience of people to approach for a paid stalk please?

This will probably be the only opportunity either of us will get to stalk a Red & Sika deer.

Thanks for your help, its very much appreciated.

Jeff.

Definitely drop sikamalc a line - I know he has a lease up in Scotland.

Otherwise solwaystalker I think does offer days on the stags.

Rickski55 looks after a lot of leases up that neck of the woods so may be able to help or point you in the right direction.
    If you're shooting badly, you need a new gun. If you're shooting well then you deserve a new gun.

Tweed valley sporting is about the best for the sika

Stalking reds in Scotland is hard to beat , im sure your American friend would love it .
    Not sure if i would have dates to suit but can have a look if you want to send me the info
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

Quote Originally Posted by stubear View Post
    Definitely drop sikamalc a line - I know he has a lease up in Scotland.

Otherwise solwaystalker I think does offer days on the stags.

Rickski55 looks after a lot of leases up that neck of the woods so may be able to help or point you in the right direction.

Thanks for recommending me Stu, but I am afraid I am fully booked this year and could not accommodate anyone. Colin would be your man for the Reds.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    +1 to that - Dougie McKenna will sort you out. http://www.countrysportscotland.com/...lley-sporting/

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your help, i'm working away today so i'll pop a few emails around over the weekend and get things moving.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    +1 no shortage of Sika.