Thread: Vehicle battery booster pack ?

Vehicle battery booster pack ?

Thinking about picking up a booster pack to keep in the jeep in case I'm out somewhere remote and battery dies
    I see online that they have got a lot smaller from a few years ago
    Can anyone recommend 1 that is reliable and a reasonable price

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Bri View Post
    Thinking about picking up a booster pack to keep in the jeep in case I'm out somewhere remote and battery dies
    I see online that they have got a lot smaller from a few years ago
    Can anyone recommend 1 that is reliable and a reasonable price
    Better to keep a charger plug in place of the cigarette lighter, one with a digital read out. It will show you the different voltages you get at the various stages of using your "drive". You will easily detect when something changes a long time in advance of battery failure (as in months). Also lets you charge your phone etc.

Stan

Can't do a link for you but I borrowed a Startmonkey 400 from my local garage when the twin batteries on my Pajero failed last winter, spun it over no problem. It's carried and used daily in the recovery wagon so it's also capable of commercial use. D.

i bought a couple of these for and they seem pretty good. The size is and weight vs output is impressive. and you can use them as a power supply.

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/p/energ...starter-199996

I looked at those last year when looking for a new battery charger, never knew they existed in such small batteries.

They were a bit dearer than the ones above, but i think it will be 1 off those things if u can hold off a year or 2 before buying the price will ome down a lot and battery power quality will go up.
    Battery technology seems to be moving pretty quick the now

My pals got one its a real good bit of kit , he has jumped his 4x4 Fourtrack with ease , also he takes it as power back up on his runs around euro on bike rides , i'v made him an adapter to use his tyre pump works a treat also a flood light just in case easy charge from his bike so its always ready in need to crap happening.

Try "Suaoki Portable 600A Peak Current Car Jump Starter with 80 PSI Mini Air Compressor Pump 18000mAh 12V Vehicle Car Battery Charger Booster External Power Bank Charger Built-in Led Flashlight T3 Plus" from Amazon. £40 , its got compressor and other gadgets

Top Tip
    When using a jump pack turn on your lights before connecting it.
    The voltage spike can be too high for some ECU's on newer cars and it fries them.
    Turning on the lights helps cut that spike.
    There's a good reason that some breakdown companies don't use them

Personally I wouldn't touch one.
    Replace your battery with a good one & forget It until it next needs replacing.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk

Bit Geeky but I've found this firm's website very interesting on all vehicle electrics. They tell it like it is, and are not pushing any products.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. William Blake