I've gone to the DARKSIDE

6pt-sika

Last week I acquired a NIB CZ550 FS in 6.5x55 just got around to shooting it this past Thursday after dinner and it appears to be a keeper based on my targets .

I hadn't bought a NIB rifle in well over 5 years I think . That an apprehension about the upcoming elections had me looking again at something I've watched on and off for the past 4 or 5 years . That being the Stag Arms Model 7 in 6.8 SPC ! Well today I finally went thru and ordered myself one from one of our distributers and should have it in hand sometime the middle of next week . Hence my thoughts that I've gone to the DARKSIDE LOL's !

https://www.stagarms.com/stag-7-hunter-6-8spc/

I am quite positive I'll find out first hand this season how the 6.8 SPC works on Virginia Whitetails !

Incidently the trigger on the CZ was worked over Monday . The standard trigger is set at a crisp 2 1/4 pounds while the set trigger is a very crisp 15 ounces give or take an ounce .

Lovely rifle mate, good quality of wood. I love CZ,s and I own 3 all of them very accurate. My 30-06 American is my go to rifle.
Tusker

Nice looking piece including the wood.
It would be good to see it (unless named already?) dressed up with its glass.....
Oh and the targets before its even settled down!

Nice looking piece including the wood.
It would be good to see it (unless named already?) dressed up with its glass.....
Oh and the targets before its even settled down!

I've got a Leupold 6.5-20 on it now until I'm finished shooting paper . I have a Leupold 3.5-10AO waiting to go on it for hunting .

The Stag rifles look good - I like that they offer left handed models. Pity we cant have them here. Please do a little review for us.

Thanks, Rory

The Stag rifles look good - I like that they offer left handed models. Pity we cant have them here. Please do a little review for us.

Thanks, Rory
Provided the fallout from the November election isn't to bad I may get one in LH for my wife . If I like this thing it's my intention to get two additional uppers one in 223 and another in 50 Beowulf .

Incidently the trigger on the CZ was worked over Monday . The standard trigger is set at a crisp 2 1/4 pounds while the set trigger is a very crisp 15 ounces give or take an ounce .

I think 2 1/4lb's is light! 15oz I'd be afraid to touch the trigger for fear of setting it off accidentally.

I think 2 1/4lb's is light! 15oz I'd be afraid to touch the trigger for fear of setting it off accidentally.

You wouldn't care for any of my other bolt guns then !

My 26 Nosler stays at about 12 ounces until hunting season then I change it to about 2 1/4 pounds . Same with my 6.5-06 .

Handsome wood! That does it for me. I saw this, then went into a gun store in the mountains on the way home from trout fishing, and found a CZ 550 Lux in 7x57 Mauser, for the price of a nice .22. Fear of leaving it there and coming back to look at your CZ gripped me, so I opened my wallet. Thanks for sharing.

The tracking number says my Stag Arms will arrive Thursday ! And it appears I've about struck a deal for a lightly used DPMS AR-10 in 308 WIN , if the AR-10 deal goes thru I'll eventually build a 260 REM upper .

I suspect if this AR thing stays with me the next thing I need to consider is a Dillon 550 or 650 press with setups for 30 Carbine , 6.8 SPC and 308 .

Back