Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 375 Holland and Holland

375 Holland and Holland

Is anyone on here reloading the above and if so do you crimp your bullets?

many thanks

I don't reload the 375, but I do find that a crimp makes an improvement in accuracy. Also with a heavy recoiling calibre you probably need a crimp to stop bullets moving in their cases when in the magazine.

I roll crimp the hornady DGS and DGX to the cranulure but I am going to use some Sierra 250 gamekings but these have no cranulure

I've done both and I've not noticed any difference so don't bother now
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Lee FCD everything including 375 H&H

I use the Lee FCD on the .375 H&H, not just for accuracy, but for safety. The bullets are heavy and the recoil is stout. You don't want the recoil loosening a bullet, backing it out and messing up feeding a much-needed second or third shot on dangerous game.

no reason not to
    lots of reasons to

I crimp everything including 300wm

I loaded my magazine to full capacity then fired ten single shots loaded each one individually then removed the un fired rounds from the magazine and measured them , there for was no difference in the length of the bullet from when i made them.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    I loaded my magazine to full capacity then fired ten single shots loaded each one individually then removed the un fired rounds from the magazine and measured them , there for was no difference in the length of the bullet from when i made them.
    That's good! But it's not a reason to skip crimping. Like many, I use a Lee Factory Crimp Die for everything. If they don't make it for the cartridge I am shooting I have it custom made.~Muir