Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BASC - Now and the Future

BASC - Now and the Future

Has anyone any up-to-date info on where the solution to BASC's internal problems, investigations etc ? I have heard nothing for a while but note one member of staff 'under investigation' seems to be less than perturbed. I am renewing shooting org membership soon and would like to know if BASC is a contender. No wish to air info in public so if anyone has anything reliable, please PM me.
    Thanks

SD Regular
    I've mine due mid-September. It is long overdue, leading to gross hypothecation, on this Forum and in the press, that BASC put out a clear, plain, unequivocal statement...at least to its members...about this. Indeed I may well when back from France write demanding this before I re-new. If nothing happened then they should say so. The story is becoming a diversion from the role BASC plays and the confidence its members have in it especially following on from the Swift Lead Ammunition Group debacle. This is not good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Has anyone any up-to-date info on where the solution to BASC's internal problems, investigations etc ? I have heard nothing for a while but note one member of staff 'under investigation' seems to be less than perturbed. I am renewing shooting org membership soon and would like to know if BASC is a contender. No wish to air info in public so if anyone has anything reliable, please PM me.
    Thanks

Hi Kes,
    I have spoken with someone impartial who was there at the time, and also I know one of the council members who resigned over it.
    Like you, I can't see any benefit in broadcasting the info at this stage, but I'll drop you a PM at some point. Probably tomorrow. Been in a meeting all day today, so just chilling out now.

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    Hi Kes,
    I have spoken with someone impartial who was there at the time, and also I know one of the council members who resigned over it.
    Like you, I can't see any benefit in broadcasting the info at this stage, but I'll drop you a PM at some point. Probably tomorrow. Been in a meeting all day today, so just chilling out now.
    Thanks VSS - appreciated.

A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Perhaps that is as much as they are able to say at the moment, I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt for now but would remind the leadership that they are answerable to the membership and mushroom management will not do.

In my considered view the BASC statement is unhelpful (as well as being old news), time has moved on without further update and all I can say is that some sensible update would be useful.
    The cost of consultants, any dismissals via compromise agreements etc will cost dear and enthusiasm for cutting out the rot seems to be diminishing. I think we deserve more.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Thanks VSS - appreciated.

PM sent.

Hello Tim, if Kes isn't a member, and I thought he wasn't, should you be sending information of this sort to him? If he is not a member it may not be his business.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Hello Tim, if Kes isn't a member, and I thought he wasn't, should you be sending information of this sort to him? If he is not a member it may not be his business.

David.
    Or, it doesn't matter who knows what because
    A/ there is nothing wrong at all within BASC headquarters, or
    B/ It's all gone pear shaped and BASC are covering it up, in which case they can't be trusted anyway so who cares what has or may yet happen.

Neil.