Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scooters......lots of them...

Scooters......lots of them...

Over the last few days there has been hoards of them buzzing around the roads in my area....

The tell tale smell of 2 stroke in the air also more mirrors than you could shake a stick at....!

Not sure where they have come from or going to.

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    Over the last few days there has been hoards of them buzzing around the roads in my area....

The tell tale smell of 2 stroke in the air also more mirrors than you could shake a stick at....!

Not sure where they have come from or going to.

Tim.243
    Mod 40th anniversary convention. You would be in the right part of the country Tim...

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandsjohn View Post
    Mod 40th anniversary convention. You would be in the right part of the country Tim...
    Ah ha, Southend on Sea is 17 miles away also seen signs for an American car show....however no signs on what field the pigeons are feeding today !!

Tim.243

Ride past on yer bike and kick their front tyres as you go past and see m fall off.
    Let's start the mods and rockers thing all over again.

To be fair those blokes are ard as an ard thing can be. Let's face it, they will ride for hours to get to one of their rally's on a piddly little thing with wheels so small that if they go over a pothole the whole thing disappears. And their top speed is not that great.

I'll be sticking with my big engine and big wheels motorbike.

gotta admire their determination.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Ride past on yer bike and kick their front tyres as you go past and see m fall off.
    Let's start the mods and rockers thing all over again.

To be fair those blokes are ard as an ard thing can be. Let's face it, they will ride for hours to get to one of their rally's on a piddly little thing with wheels so small that if they go over a pothole the whole thing disappears. And their top speed is not that great.

I'll be sticking with my big engine and big wheels motorbike.

gotta admire their determination.
    Exactly the reason why I switched a Lambretta LD125 for a Beezer (about 1970 that is)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Exactly the reason why I switched a Lambretta LD125 for a Beezer (about 1970 that is)
    Yes I changed my Lambretta LI 150 for a Suzuki GT250 mind you I would quite like an SX200 now

Ah but I managed to get a rolls royce going at 100mph to go sideways on the A45 near Meridan when I signalled to go right as per the highway code only had my license for 10 weeks or so that was in 1967 on my Lambretta LI 150, and on top of that a newly wed pair from New Zealand in the UK touring in a rented S type Jaguar ran up the back of a truck that had braked hard to stay out of the melee they went in up to their windscreen, wrote that jag off and I never heard anything from the insurance.
    Happy days.

You got the sign from you Dad in the form of a txt. Who needs a Lambretta when they have a Beretta. Well done Tim,another great day at the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandsjohn View Post
    You got the sign from you Dad in the form of a txt. Who needs a Lambretta when they have a Beretta. Well done Tim,another great day at the birds.

When I was keen on clays a bloke said to me at a stand as I was taking the gun out of the slip. " why do you keep your Browning in a Beretta slip"

I replied.............

It won't get nicked in a Beretta slip.......

Tim.243

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    When I was keen on clays a bloke said to me at a stand as I was taking the gun out of the slip. " why do you keep your Browning in a Beretta slip"

I replied.............

It won't get nicked in a Beretta slip.......

Tim.243
    Attachment 74123Attachment 74122Now that is funny, well camouflaged,I have no experience with Browning shotguns but take a look at the crown on this new cf. As a fellow machinist (me more or less retired now)I would be interested in your opinion, if you can see the detail in the pic on the right...never seen that before or since, iirc there were three all the same....
    How did we get from Lambretta to Browning. It's these dammed Chinese whispers again..