Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foxing outfit X sight

Foxing outfit X sight

Well I thought about it..a lot to be honest...and went for a .222...X sight 11 5-20 ..got the .222 for 100 with 100 rounds of factory ammo, got the barrel cut down and threaded and a new SL5i fitted. Put a Xsight11 5-20 on it and thought great, fantastic foxing outfit...only.....the X sight is so fecking hard to use! I bought an external power pack and every time you switch off you have to unplug the scope to get it to switch on again were it resets it's zoom to 5 again...the buttons are in super slow mo..press to increase zoom nothing...nothing...then bang! Full zoom...takes 2 minutes to turn it off, it does not believe you.....
    yes it shoots straight...and I mean straight...but hunt with it? Not for me...takes too long to switch on, get set up, ......
    It cost me 300 just to get fittings to get the eye relief needed, pissed off to say the least...

i bought this sight the day my dad died so I maybe hate it for other reasons...

possibly swap for glass?
    Last edited by cowsmart; 04-09-2016 at 17:44.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    sorry to hear about this, I have used the x sh 1 t and found it very disappointing, I ended up getting the drone pro x10. 3 seconds to start up and switches of right away,

i built the battery pack into my stock and have never looked back, recharge socket is in the base of the pistol grip battery runs for hours and hours,

fitted the the lot to a tikka 595 20 tac...job done,

i wish you you well with the x thing

Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Had an x sight .................. they're junk. I think they rely on buyers having never tried anything else, so they're happy with them.

Got to agree with Bob and Rod, the X Sight (both i and II) are absolutely dreadful.
    If you want to shift it, then you'll need to find a daftie.

Cheers

Bruce

SD Regular
    Clearly I'm a daftie. It's not that bad. I'd recommend getting some decent Li+ batteries over a power pack - Kentli's or failing that Eneloop Pro. Don't understand the turning off comment unless that's a foible of using the power pack.
    Zoom - hmmm - yeah, could be a bit better in terms of sensitivity, but I have no problem getting to 10x mag. 300 for fittings - chuff - are they gold?

The scope is not for everyone, I grant you, but it's better than some make it out to be. I continue to chuckle at those who compare it to things more than twice the money and say 'this is so much better' - 'cos it ......... well ought to be!

I wish ATN had focussed more on providing a true hunting NV and bothered less about the unnecessary stuff - it's on there because it can be - but it's a capable tool for the money in my mind - but as I said, not for everyone.

Try good batteries over the power pack - you'll need them for the next one anyway.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Trouble is people end up wasting money when they see the quality of something like the Dronepro or the Ward 700/800 and try to sell on the cheaper/less able stuff at a loss, when they could have saved it towards the former.

Ok you see a fox, you get the gun, only you have to use a normal torch to unplug the power pack and plug it back in so the fox sees you and scarpers. Then you have to hold the rifle up to turn on select power pack and alter the zoom to the preferred 8.8X but the buttons only work in slow mo, so this takes that long by the time it's ready to go your arms are cramping, you lower the gun get a rush of blood back into your hands and get pins and needles, put the rifle back up to set the recoil video, only once again the buttons don't work, then it comes on,off,on,off,on,off etc hopefully stopping on on.....meanwhile the fox has been in your hen house had an aperitif settled down tucked his napkin into his shirt and is browsing the live game pen....
    Then we get to the weight, with a T67 torch attached it is just too heavy, to hold it up to alter the menu you need to rest the silencer on something, not recommended with a brand new SL5i!
    I get it out every month and swear I'm going to get to to grips with it, but just end up putting it away frustrated and disappointed. What they did was turn a digital camera into a rifle scope, they should have started with a rifle scope and turned it into a camera...kept the basics of on/off, point and shoot.....

Which is what you get with a (Mk 1) photon!.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmart View Post
    Ok you see a fox, you get the gun, only you have to use a normal torch to unplug the power pack and plug it back in so the fox sees you and scarpers. Then you have to hold the rifle up to turn on select power pack and alter the zoom to the preferred 8.8X but the buttons only work in slow mo, so this takes that long by the time it's ready to go your arms are cramping, you lower the gun get a rush of blood back into your hands and get pins and needles, put the rifle back up to set the recoil video, only once again the buttons don't work, then it comes on,off,on,off,on,off etc hopefully stopping on on.....meanwhile the fox has been in your hen house had an aperitif settled down tucked his napkin into his shirt and is browsing the live game pen....
    Then we get to the weight, with a T67 torch attached it is just too heavy, to hold it up to alter the menu you need to rest the silencer on something, not recommended with a brand new SL5i!
    I get it out every month and swear I'm going to get to to grips with it, but just end up putting it away frustrated and disappointed. What they did was turn a digital camera into a rifle scope, they should have started with a rifle scope and turned it into a camera...kept the basics of on/off, point and shoot.....
    Stop using the power pack. It sounds like you have a dodgy connection to/from the power pack - change the cable perhaps? This feels like the root cause of the majority of issues you are seeing. I'd ditch it and use good Li+ batteries. T67 s a lump - T38/50 is more than adequate. I can only say mine performs well in those circumstances.

PM me an address and I'll post you a replacement cable - but it might be the sockets in the pack - or the unit. What are you using to cover the sockets when you have a power pack plugged in? Is there water getting in?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Brand new battery pack 50 as recommended by Scott Country..(it's what they use)....no water been anywhere near it...I have two cables, makes no difference....