Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: humane dispatch

humane dispatch

Hi All, my name is jeff and i have been doing humane dispatch for surrey police for 5 years, using a .38 revolver and 308 rifle and then suddenly all the calls stopped coming in, and nobody would tell me why in the local force, so i contacted the chief inspector and got a nice letter and e mail telling me my services are no longer required, and thanking me for my work in the past. as this job is now being done by ARMED RESPONSE TEAMS, O My god,what do they do with the carceses, what ammo are they using,and how were the trained..................Has anyone else out there had this situation take place thanks jeff

I would think they would have been fully risk assessed and trained they get a dam sight more training especially in discharging a fire arm in Populated environments than your average stalker ever will

all the Pistols and long arms they usually carry are kept unfired so are forensically clean if they ever get fired for real at which point they are bagged and tagged as evidence and never used again

they train on a different set of guns an the issued ones are bore sighted by the armorer .

The Officers do not have personnel guns any way. The guns get signed in and out and used by all the shifts

I would guess more than likely will be issued and carry a specific Fire arm for the job not to be used for the other main job

ARU were used in several RTAs for humane dispatch in Northumberland when my father was practicing as a vet.

one in particular a roe buck had been hit and wounded but got onto a golf course in Gosforth but no-one could get within 50 yds of it.

ARU chap took instructions from my father on exactly where to shoot it and nailed it with some kind of short barrelled job with a fold out stock.
    Seem to recall him being very interested why my father was bleeding it and "disposing" of it himself.....

It'll be 'interesting' to see how you get on at renewal for your .38 revolver . . .

No doubt it'll end up listed in the statistics as another 'weapon' taken out of circulation?
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by jeffthestalker View Post
    Hi All, my name is jeff and i have been doing humane dispatch for surrey police for 5 years, using a .38 revolver and 308 rifle and then suddenly all the calls stopped coming in, and nobody would tell me why in the local force, so i contacted the chief inspector and got a nice letter and e mail telling me my services are no longer required, and thanking me for my work in the past. as this job is now being done by ARMED RESPONSE TEAMS, O My god,what do they do with the carcases, Probably the same as many others under the various schemes operating throughout the country, leave them for the local highway authority to dispose of. That is unless they are taken by the local hunt. What ammo are they using, Possibly the same soft pointed ammunition as they normally use or else suitable shotgun ammunition for the task.and how were the trained....They will have received suitable training in HD...............Has anyone else out there had this situation take place thanks jeff
    So it's no big issue as they've probably addressed all the issues and frankly they're welcome to the task.
    Last edited by 8x57; 05-09-2016 at 13:41.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    So it's no big issue as they've probably addressed all the issues and frankly they're welcome to the task.
    Yup.

Don't they normally use a crow bar for humane dispatch. Or just drive into or over stuff to end suffering with the car they`ve arrived in..

Quote Originally Posted by FGYT View Post
    I would think they would have been fully risk assessed and trained they get a dam sight more training especially in discharging a fire arm in Populated environments than your average stalker ever will

all the Pistols and long arms they usually carry are kept unfired so are forensically clean if they ever get fired for real at which point they are bagged and tagged as evidence and never used again

they train on a different set of guns an the issued ones are bore sighted by the armorer .

The Officers do not have personnel guns any way. The guns get signed in and out and used by all the shifts

I would guess more than likely will be issued and carry a specific Fire arm for the job not to be used for the other main job
    Can I ask where you get your information from please? I wouldn't like to rely on a firearm in a critical situation that had been bore sighted by myself, never mind a third party

X
    Quote Originally Posted by Akeld View Post
    Can I ask where you get your information from please? I wouldn't like to rely on a firearm in a critical situation that had been bore sighted by myself, never mind a third party
    A very good friend who did 11yrs ARV

Remember ARV are close range and containment open sights etc . And are traffic cops till called

Long range telescopic marksmen are different unit
    Last edited by FGYT; 05-09-2016 at 19:52.

Quote Originally Posted by FGYT View Post
    X
    A very good friend who did 11yrs ARV

Remember ARV are close range and containment open sights etc . And are traffic cops till called

Long range telescopic marksmen are different unit

Doesn't fill with much confidence, thanks for the reply