Thread: A deal at Cabelas. Who'da tought?

A deal at Cabelas. Who'da tought?

MTLeadFarmer and I went to the City last Friday night on a powder run and as a matter of course, stopped by Cabelas. I'm definitely not a fan of Cabelas but MTL evidently knows better and made a bee line for the Bargain Cave area where we found a rack of about thirty Vortex Viper scopes. These were factory rebuilds/refurbished units carrying full warranty and looking brand new in the box with all the papers and such. We both bought Viper PST 6-24X50, First Focal Plane scopes for $440 each, and on a separate promotional offering, Cabelas was giving a set of $60 Viper Rings with any 30mm Vortex scope purchase. When we got to the checkout, the nice cashier also took off 10% on each scope for an outfitter's discount. Free rings and $396 out the door. That was a hell of a discount.

The floor manager told us that Vortex ships Cabelas these scopes every couple of months so if you are planning a trip to the US, and there is a Cabelas near your destination, you might want to go on-line and look under "Bargain Cave" to see if the store local to you has any. They will ship between stores for free. Just an FYI, eh?
    I guess I shouldn't be so hard on Cabelas. Maybe even stop in there more often....~Muir

You Tease. That's only half the story.

Quote Originally Posted by MTLEADFARMER View Post
    You Tease. That's only half the story.
    The fact that I mounted it on my new Tikka CTR 6.5 Creedmoor and that it functioned flawlessly this afternoon at the range is hardly pertinent to its purchase. i refuse to bring it up. ~Muir

Actually might be back near Billings for the deer hunt in a few weeks, thanks for the tip!
    Might try the Terry Badlands, ever been there?
    Looks tough hunting.
    Cheers
    Richard

Dont knock American outdoor stores,
    to us Brits they are like Aladin`s cave.
    Most exciting thing about a trip to the States
    is spending a few hours (and a few $ ) at
    LL Beans, Cabelas, Bas Pro.etc
    even the outdoor section at Walmarts is worth a browse.

SD Regular
    All we've got is Decathlon...and those in UK aren't anything like those in France either.

Now if said scope was bought by a Brit , could we get it out of the US ?
    ITAR regs not apply to variable mag scopes?
    I'm not up on the specifics

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Actually might be back near Billings for the deer hunt in a few weeks, thanks for the tip!
    Might try the Terry Badlands, ever been there?
    Looks tough hunting.
    Cheers
    Richard
    Nope. I haven't, but Montana is a big place. My experiences hunting places called "badlands" has been that it was more work than it was worth. I can drive a mile and shoot deer.~Muir

Never hunted the Terry Badlands but hiked there in my youth. Beautiful country take a camera