Thread: steyr SM12

steyr SM12

Posted this a while a go but did not get a lot of feed back. Has any one been using the SM12 and whats your thoughts on them

Had a SM12SX in 25-06 now for 9 months.Fantastic trigger and safety,really smooth cycling,not too heavy barrel which shoots 1/2in all day long with 75gr v-max.Some people don't like the look of the stock but who cares,it's comfortable,stiff and takes a bi-pod well,although saying that I just added a cheek riser from a mates redundant Tikka stock and now it's perfect.I also shoot from quad sticks,gates,trees and anything else I can lean on,with no change in accuracy.Bit of a bargain if you ask me.Hope that helps a little.
    Nick

Nick, that's just the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TIFFY264 View Post
    Had a SM12SX in 25-06 now for 9 months.Fantastic trigger and safety,really smooth cycling,not too heavy barrel which shoots 1/2in all day long with 75gr v-max.Some people don't like the look of the stock but who cares,it's comfortable,stiff and takes a bi-pod well,although saying that I just added a cheek riser from a mates redundant Tikka stock and now it's perfect.I also shoot from quad sticks,gates,trees and anything else I can lean on,with no change in accuracy.Bit of a bargain if you ask me.Hope that helps a little.
    Nick
    Hi Nick.
    I don`t suppose you know if the stock will fit my Prohunter ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEROLL View Post
    Hi Nick.
    I don`t suppose you know if the stock will fit my Prohunter ?
    Sorry,can't tell,my pro hunter has a smaller action but doing that doesn't give you the sexy trigger and sliding safe.Other than that though all else looks like it would work.
    Nick

Okay Nick, thanks for the reply.