Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forest of Dean Boar

Forest of Dean Boar

Looks like the F.C cull hasn't had the desired effect with more boar now than last year.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk...ail/story.html

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/FR_FeralWildBoarDeanCensus2016.pdf/$file/FR_FeralWildBoarDeanCensus2016.pdf

they are not under control and never will be with the way they are controlled now, you cannot control numbers by taking one a night under the lamp or nv, management needs to be done with everyone singing from the same page, look abroad to the amount being shot they cant make a dent in the population, scotlands the same before long numbers will be too great especially when not shooting the correct animals, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I'll be glad to know I'm doing my bit to help then when I'm up with you in January!

I do know that even out in places like Somerset they have had an increase in RTA's as a result of boar numbers.

Really they need seasons like deer and a proper management approach.
    If you're shooting badly, you need a new gun. If you're shooting well then you deserve a new gun.

you can't on manage boar like deer there not same but we will never be able to have safe drives in this country due to anti and right to Rome dog walkers also the lack of dog to push boar due to the law there number are going to rocket and there's nothing we can do

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    Looks like the F.C cull hasn't had the desired effect with more boar now than last year.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk...ail/story.html
    Well what a suprise. I said this years ago on here but many were very doughtfull. As i said then, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by boar & deer View Post
    you can't on manage boar like deer there not same but we will never be able to have safe drives in this country due to anti and right to Rome dog walkers also the lack of dog to push boar due to the law there number are going to rocket and there's nothing we can do
    You don't need drives to manage boar but you do need a management plan over a large area. I think thats not going to happen in the UK.
    The goverment in Sweden is looking to ban feeding of boar to slow the growth in boar numbers and i think hunters have been a big part in the spread of boar with the gross over feeding that has gone on.

What I want to know is,when are they going to make it to Cornwall???

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    What I want to know is,when are they going to make it to Cornwall???
    As soon as Ifor Williams can make a delivery to your part of the world

I did a talk this year at a stalkers evening where the head ranger from the Forrest of Dean was also giving a talk on the wild boar population and how they are managing them, the majority of land owners surrounding the Forrest would like more shot as they are becoming a real problem with damage to crops, the way I interpreted what the head ranger said was they have to keep all parties happy, farmers,land owners and cousils wonting more control and the fluffy bunnie brigade saying leave them alone.

As a tracking organisation(UKDTR) we have had more calls over the last 12 months,
    All of these calls come from outside the Fc land,
    so I guess the numbers will keep rising!

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service