Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Parks Deer job....

Royal Parks Deer job....

might not be everyone's cup of earl grey, but its a job that involves shooting a lot of deer annually, which may appeal to some. Pay isn't great for London but hey.

http://www.countryside-jobs.com/Jobs...ks-0709_3.html
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

They should really provide a house with that package. A nice one in Richmond Park.

They will have to provide a house on that salary other wise you would've living in a cardboard box in the park

I'm not sure but they may well provide a house, I applied for and was interviewed along with another member off here for the Hampton court deer managers job, same deal but different location although you all work together to get the necessary culls done in time. There was a lovely house available with the Hampton court job but still at 'very reasonable rent for the area' as I was told at interview..... What rent would be on a 3 bed cottage within the grounds of Hampton court I have no idea but I very much doubt it would have been affordable on the money they were offering!!
    The job is not what you might think, very heavy culling condensed into a few weeks of the year, all head shots and all meat processed by the stalkers (unless this has changed) it sounded more like a slaughterman job than a deer manager.

Im sure it'd suit someone but it wasn't for me, that's for sure.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Used to fish there a few years ago...knew the man in the job at the time. Some big red stags there...the dog walker/stag conflict was interesting at times. Reasonable rent for that area would be more than a reasonable mortgage in many others. I have to admit when I saw the job I thought about it for a second. No experience apart from knowing the area. I'd love to fish round there again though

That's not a lot for living done there. Want a lot in bits of paper too.

If ther is a lodge/cottage available like last time it was advertised, the rent was 8.5% of income so bloody cheap rent. Cheaper than a mortgage.

The he application pack is interesting reading. Too far for me but my sister lives 5 min from one of the gates to Richmond park ;-)

The application form does quote there is accommodation at 8.5% of wage if tm available.

But isn't the application form fun. What's wrong with a decent covering letter and CV

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint View Post
    If ther is a lodge/cottage available like last time it was advertised, the rent was 8.5% of income so bloody cheap rent. Cheaper than a mortgage.
    Was this recently? Is it being re-advertised because the position wasn't filled?

Quote Originally Posted by TreeWorks View Post
    Was this recently? Is it being re-advertised because the position wasn't filled?

Within the last 18 months I think. If I recall correctly it was Bushy park. Could be mistaken. I always notice them because they are so close to my sisters location. so I know where they are.

Jon